Chapter 1

(Y/N)Pov

I walked along another trail. For so many long years, I've walked trails like these, but I guess one good thing is I could practice magic. I still don't get what magic I have. Every time I need it the appropriate magic just appears. I think the memories I lost are still in my brain, but the only magic I can do is from muscle memory. So far I could do lighting, fire, ice, weather manipulation, shadow, light, iron, and water magic. I know for a fact that no one can use this much magic. Something must be wrong with me. As soon as I get to Fiore I should ask someone about what kind of magic I have. Someone is bound to know. I decided to take a short rest by some trees. I then went up to a tree and used it as a punching bag. Between each punch, I switch between magic types till the tree fell.

"You'll never get better if all you do is punch," said Cyra my jet black exceed. She always wore a cloak with the hood on, even when it was warm out. She said what she thought. It's like she had no filter. "I have no idea how to use any magic beside what I'm doing right now. You know that. Plus I don't even know what kind of wizard I am." I said in my defense. "It's pitiful really, its been three years and your actual magic hasn't improved. Sure your transitions have gotten faster, but that's it." "Has it really been three years already?" I say ignoring her obvious insults.

It seems like it has only been months since we had met. I had found a large white egg embroidered with black. When I saw it I ran towards it. It had been months since I had run away and I hadn't seen any living things since then. I hugged the egg and picked it up, I was only 11 but I was going to care for this egg with the best of my ability. When I had reached the end of the forest I stopped for a picnic. When I brought out some Strawberries I had gotten from the forest I heard heavy footsteps it was a Vulcan! "I smell something delicious!" it roared. I automatically went into fight mode and thought about lighting and I felt lighting in my hands. I punched it with all my might. I was going to protect my new friend. The Vulcan flew back and hit the ground. I was surprised by my own strength. It was k.o.ed in one hit. I quickly picked up the egg and ran, I ran just as I ran away from all my problems. I whispered to the egg "Don't worry I don't have parents either, but I promise I will do everything in my power to protect you. I promise I'll take you to Fiore with me so both of us can have a better life.

Every day I used the fire from my hands to keep the egg warm. That egg was all I cared about and eventually after a week it hatched. An adorable black cat had hatched from the egg. I named it Cyra because that name had always been in my mind I just didn't know what it was from. When I saw that she smiled when I called her it, I hugged her as tight as I could and threw my tears I managed to say " No matter what I will care for you, I'll never let anything happen to you. Now I won't have to face this journey alone anymore."

Cyra POV

I know I don't say it very often, but I really do love (Y/N). I just want the best for her. We've been through hell and back together. I remember how different she used to look. She had (h/l) (h/c) hair in pigtails and back then she wasn't too much taller than me. But regardless we faced this world together without anyone else. Some days we walked till we collapsed on the ground. Some days she used branches to shield me instead of herself so I didn't get wet. Some days she gave me piggyback rides because my legs wouldn't let me take another step. Somedays she didn't eat anything just so I could. I owe that girl my life.

One time she got sick from walking in the rain so I did my best to take care of her. I was just glad that after all of this I could pay her back for everything she did for me.

(Y/N) POV

"We should probably get moving," I say. "If we're getting to Fiore we can't take too many breaks." To be honest, I didn't know if we were heading in the right direction, but I keep walking forward because just maybe we are, just maybe we'll make it, and just maybe I could keep the promise I maybe to Cyra so many years ago.