An Interview with an Immortal...3

"Have no fear of me Mr Archer; I need you more than you could know"

"In what way could you need me?"

"Why do you think I called you and set up this interview? Somewhere out there is my cure, someone, maybe one of your readers, is the key to my problem"

"Look Stefan, far be it from me to give up the chance to write the story of the century, but I'll not help you kill anyone, if I publish this interview, if a carrier of whatever you need reads this, you'll kill them, I'll not be party to murder, this interview is over!"

"Wait!"

"I'm sorry Stefan, I'm a journalist, not a killer, while I sympathise with your predicament, you're on your own"

"What if I don't kill them?"

"I thought you said you had to?"

"No I didn't, I said it was easier if they were dead, I'm not going to pretend that it's a painless procedure because it isn't, but it can be done with no lasting effects"

"Then why the fuck do you kill them! Are you some kind of psychopath?"

"Mr Archer, would it surprise you if I told you I was a coward? Would you believe me if I told you the screams haunt me more so than when I kill? When they are dead, I can convince myself I'm not doing anything wrong, that I'm not hurting anyone"

"Not hurting anyone? Id rather be hurt than dead!"

"No you wouldn't Mr Archer, you have no idea of what pain can do, I've seen big men, battle hardened warriors , beg to be killed to stop pain"

"I'm sorry, but I can't believe that"

"Oh it's true, I'll give you a real example, this happened in the Wizard Wars of a Thousand years ago..."

"What did you say? Wizard Wars?"

"Yes, are you going to let me finish?"

"Wizards? Like, real Wizards?"

"Yes Mr Archer, may I continue? Or is there a problem?"

"You're expecting me to believe there are Wizards?"

"Were Mr Archer, there are none left, that I know of, and you should try and be a bit more open minded, after all, you are trying to convince your readers that I'm an Immortal!"

"Yes I can see your point, but WIZARDS!"

"As I was saying, in the Wizard War there were a group of Wizards who were different from the rest, they were stronger, had control of more power, and amongst them there was a special Wizard, he was called The Ancient, he had control of all magic, including the most powerful and deadly magic of the Ancients, hence his name. He had the ability to do un-mentionable things to people, his favourite being to wring them out, using his powers to keep them alive he would twist their bodies until they had no blood left, until all of their organs had exploded, Mr Archer, I assure you, they begged to be killed to stop the pain"

""

"Are you ok Mr Archer?"

"I need a drink!"