An interview with an immortal...2

"What have you been doing? I mean with your life?"

"I've spent my entire life searching"

"Searching? For what?"

"The cure, the cure for immortality, do I have to spell everything out for you?"

"I'm sorry Stefan; it helps my readers to follow"

"They'll need more than my help to follow anything you write!"

"Why do you want a cure?"

"It's what we immortals do, we spend our lives looking for the way to die, mortals search the other way"

"Has it ever been found?"

"At one time there were hundreds of us spread out all across the world, up until last week there were two of us left; we had agreed to share the secret if we ever found it"

"So what happened?"

"You really are stupid aren't you, isn't it obvious, he found it and kept it to himself!"

"What are you doing? Stefan, STEFAN!"

"Sorry"

"What the hell was that all about?"

"The cure is in certain mortals, they're carriers, I was just checking to see if you were one"

"Am I?"

"No"

"If I had been, what would you have done?"

"Id have killed you"

"WHAT! WHY?"

"The cure is in your marrow, you know, the soft tissue in your bones, it's kind of hard to extract it with you screaming and thrashing around"

"You say that like you've tried it"

"I have, it's not nice"

"So let me get this straight, you kill people to find a cure for your immortality"

"Yes"

"That's pretty fucked up! How many people have you murdered?"

"I don't like the word murder"

"I expect the people you killed were pretty pissed off about it, but you never gave a shit about that did you? I thought you were going to fill my pages with grand stories, proven things written about the past that only one that had been there would know, but instead...instead, I'm sat here with a lousy murderer!"

"And you insult me?"

"W, W, What do you mean?"

"I've admitted to killing people, and yet you insult me, you have no way of protecting yourself, no way of calling for help, and you insult me?"

"Oh, so now you're going to kill me are you? And that will prove what?"

"Fear is a great motivator, you strike me as a weak person, yet in your panicked state you insult and confront a killer, you risk your life for nothing more than a story, and you ask me why I want out of this pathetic world"