A Little Town Called Firdus

Please leave me feedback and I realised how short the other chapter was.... awkward... So I am really crap at this...

.......................................................................................

I walked along the country side by myself, having no idea where to go or who the people I was meeting would look like. So basically, I was stuffed. I took out my phone which had a GPS on it but it was flat. A heard a noise. 

"Yo! Wassup? Yo looking a little lost there baby, wanna come to ma village?" A tall young man asked me agressively. I must have looked startled as he came over to comfort me. "Hey, didn't mean to scare you... But we don't get many visitors here in Firdus. You are looking for Firdus right?" He asked, this time his voice was a lot softer and he didn't seem so overpowering.

"Yeah- I'm looking for my birth parents, they live in Firdus but... yeah, I'm lost." I explained sheepishly. He nodded and turned around.

"See that little spire right above these trees?" He pointed, my jaw dropped.

"Is that a castle???" I gasped in awe. He nodded again and took one of my bags.

"Come on-um..."

"Jasmine." I told him.

"Come on Jasmine! Imma show you all the sights here." He said excitedly. "Oh, I'm Asher by the way." Asher smiled, and his smile went all the way to the creases in his eyes. Before I knew it, we were walking, the little spire becoming a tower and the tower joining onto a massive castle.

"W-O-W" I said, prolonging the life of the short word. 

"Who are your parents by the way?" Asher asked conversationally.

"Um, I think its Cordelia and....and.....and-"

"Derrick?" Asher said quietly, stuck to the spot and staring at me with wide eyes. "Derrick?" His voice rose several octaves as his eyes looked ready to pop out of his sockets.

"Yeah! Thanks." I muttered, relieved that I now knew their names and wouldn't be embarrassed.

"Come." Asher mumbled, his hand suddenly on my wrist. He began to pull me through the crowds of people and through a throng of dancing teens. 

"Asher, stop! You're hurting me." I moaned as he yanked me past a kissing couple.

"Sorry." Asher's voice suddenly had a new found respect for me. "Its not my place to explain Jasmine." 

After many steps, we reached the front entrance to the castle. 

"Welcome Jasmine to the castle of Firdus." Asher announced, he stood behind me and gestured for me to go inside the open double doors.

"Asher? Are we allowed to be in here?" I asked my  new friend out of the corner of my mouth. He nodded sternly and urged me on.

"They're expecting you! Hurry." He half whispered, half yelled. I slwoly nodded my head. What was going on??

..............................................................

"Asher? Dear is that you?" A sweet voice flew through my ears. 

"Yes mother, and I have someone...." Asher called formally. "Go in." He ordered. I stepped forward slowly and poked my head around the door. What I saw made me happier beyond comparison to anything that had happened in my life. I held back a waterfall of tears which were threatening to take over my body. I didn't know the lady's name but I knew. I just knew she was my mother.

"What is your name?" My real mother asked kindly, my lip quavered.

"Jasmine Thered." I replied quietly. She nodded and gestured for me to sit down the way only a queen would be able to do.

"I am Cordelia. And I welcome you to the Castle of Firdus!" She was smiling kindly at me, but unlike Asher it didn't reach her eyes. Her eyes were narrowed but light blue like mine and her hair was longish and curled elegantly on her head in a bun. She wore a long old-fashioned purple gown which accentuated her- everything! She cocked her head to one side and I saw that she was wearing 6 carat diamond earrings that my adoptive mother had wanted since they cam into stocks. Cordelia caught me staring at her earrings.

"Like them? I can arrange for you to have something from my collection if you like?" Cordelia informed me. I shook my head.

"No I- um well- no i shouldn't." I bit my lip after stammering through my sentence. "Are you... My... you know?" 

"I believe so..." She said. "We have the same eyes, hair colour, and you have my height; not too short, not too tall! So yes. I believe we are of the same blood." Her eyes flicked towards Asher for a moment, "And Asher too, him being your older brother." I felt the tears again. I had an older brother! 

"Oh, and... I belive I have rather important news to tell you dear...ah...Asher, go wake up your Father and tell him to come down here please. Thankyou." Cordelia instructed Asher, he ran up the stairs and  a few seonds later I could no longer hear his footsteps.

"This is a very important matter Jasmine Thered." Cordelia said gravely. I nodded, trying to act as if it was a grave matter when I heard very large footsteps and a second pair of smaller ones. 

 "And what is the matter here Cordelia?" A man dressed in red velvet robes said after yawning widely and cracking his knuckles the way I do when I wake up. He stared, lethargically around the room but all traces of that disappeared as he saw me.

 "And this is? Is this? Are you?" He asked, clearly confused about my presence. 

"If you mean she's our daughter then yes she is." Cordelia snapped. "Now sit down Derrick, we have too much to explain." Derrick sat down sheepisly while staring me down. 

"Um...hi?" I said, Cordelia frowned,

"You say 'um' quite alot don't you dear? That will have to stop if you conti-"

"STOP! Cordelia! We have not yet explained." Derrick ordered. I sat there strangely, feeling like the odd one out, which I guess I was. 

"Honey... I'll understand if you want to leave after this. But... My family were great, powerful people, they held the power over this town, which, may I tell you was twice as big as it is now. This castle was the same size though. Derrick's parents ruled over a neighbouring country. We met during a visit to each others castles but after a while, the castle at Derrick's home country was burnt to the ground by tourists and by civilians who were angry at something that Derrick's parents had done. His entire castle population moved here into the 100 something spare rooms we had. We fell in love and got married and had Asher and then....after both parents died, we had you... but... you were taken from us, the nurse took you and we couldn't find you. Turned out she put you on the doorstep of an orphanage which your parents decided to adopt you from." Cordelia stopped to take in a huge breath. She nodded at Derrick to continue.

"Yes well, after both our parents died we became King and Queen. It was a wonderful day..." Derrick began to reminisce about the day he became King and Cordelia became Queen. I froze. Hang on... If they were my parents....and they were King and Queen... I couldn't be... This couldn't be true? Could it?

Cordelia saw the look on my face.

"Oh yes dear, sorry this may come as a shock to you..." She told me, smiling all the way. Now I knew why Cordelia had the castle and the gown and the expensive collection of jewels. I can't believe it didn't hit be before. 

"Oh sorry! I didn't realise." Derrick said vaguely, his eyes still in the memories of the past. 

"So I'm a... A?" I mumbled, trying to control my breathing.

"Why yes dear. You're a princess."

 ..................................................................................

Hi. So you made it through the story?? Is it good?? No? Ok I'm going to go cry now.  So.... If any of you are actually reading this thankyou <3