Arrival of An Unexpected

I open my eyes to the bright sunlight coming in from the wooden window, I'm still lying on my side. My body feels slightly sore but I can still move, I think. Last night comes rushing back to me and I smile, I shift slightly and I feel something moving inside of me. I remembered that it's Naraku. I should probably remove myself off of him, but at the same time I don't want to. Suddenly, I feel a big hand gently slide over my left shoulder.

"You're awake." I hear Naraku's voice resonating next to my ear.

A slight shiver runs through my body as I hear the voice of the one I love, Naraku pulls me to him gently and his warm and strong body covers my back side. He rests his chin between my shoulder and chin. My right hand comes over and I hold his hand on my shoulder, I turn my head slightly and I can see the tip of his nose.

"Good morning Naraku." I greet him.

"Good morning." He replies.

I want to see his face, but if I want to do that, I have to separate us. I hold onto Naraku's hand, and I move my lower body forward. I can feel him coming out of me, when he completely disappears, I feel slightly empty and incomplete but I just have to deal with it. Naraku quietly inhales after the process, while holding his hand I turn my body onto my back and then onto my left shoulder. I finally come face to face with Naraku, we are just mere inches away from each other. I'm greeted by his bright red eyes and his curly black bangs, I can hear and feel his subtle breathing. How is he a demon? How did I fall in love with a being like him? How did he fall in love with me? So many questions, but in the end, I like to believe in one word. Fate.

"It's nice to wake up beside you, how I missed you during the time that we were apart." Naraku says touching my cheek.

"Same here, but in the end, we made it back to each other. I suppose that's all that matters." I say with a smile.

Naraku smiles back in return, he then turn onto his back and reaches for something on the other side. He then turns back around and faces me again, without saying anything he tucks a lock of my hair behind my right ear, he then places something in my hair.

"What is it?" I ask him curiously.

"You look just like that day that I met you." Naraku simply says.

I go and touch the thing in my hair, I feel velvety petals, five petals to be exact. I then look back at Naraku.

"A cherry blossom flower?" I ask him.

Naraku nods in response.

"Good thing I brought it along, I wanted you to remember the good times that we had." Naraku says.

I take his big warm hands and I kiss them and then hold them to my chest.

"I won't ever forget them no matter what. I'll never forget, and I hope that you will always remember them. Every moment together, the good and the bad." I say to him.

"But what if fate has other plans for us and forces us to forget them?" He asks me with furrowed brows.

"Well, I'm going to make sure that I'll remember all of them, and if not, even just the tiniest bit will be enough. We will then slowly regain our memories again, just like how we regained the memories of our past. It may take time, but we will get them all back." I say to him with confidence.

Naraku smiles and sighs, he touches my cheek again. His long black hair laying out around him, the sunlight reflecting off the black silk is beautiful to look at.

"You're so confident in your beliefs, wish I was like you." He says.

"Did you forget? I've always been persistent, since I was child and even now. You don't have to change anything Naraku, one persistent person is enough in a relationship." I say with a laugh.