A Sliver of Trust From The Heart

"Naraku? You're here?" I slowly sigh as I regain my consciousness again.

"Yes, I'm here." He replies.

He stands up and he gently pulls me up as well, I hold onto the kimono that I brought with me.

"I almost thought that you won't be coming here or you might've forgot, or that you already came here and left." I say to him as I smooth out my kimono.

"We made a promise did we not? I also sensed your aura so I came back here. I didn't want to wake you, you were sleeping so quietly." He says, his red eyes glimmering underneath the fading sky.

"Oh, uh well I''m glad that I actually awoke from my sleep or else I could've missed you or something." I say with an embarrassed smile.

A small chirp comes from within my kimono, I see Naraku's eyebrows slightly furrowing at the sudden sound. I let out a tiny giggle and I open my kimono collar slightly and the little bird pops out its head.

"Looks like you're savior came after all." I say to it.

"You brought it with you, it seems to be in a better shape." Naraku says as he gazes at the bird.

"It does doesn't it? I tried my best to help it move its wing bit by bit these few days and fed it. I think my effort has paid off somewhat." I say as I look at him with a smile.

My eyes suddenly falls to his tattered kimono, and I remembered the gift.

"Oh I got you something, it's a gratitude for saving me that day and this little guy's life." I say to Naraku as I hold out the wrapped kimono to him.

"A kimono? I don't need it, I'm perfectly fine with what I have." He replies not moving to take it.

"Please, it's a gift from me. Also, I can't bear to see you in such ruined kimono, kimonos are worn with elegance and with a purpose, it gives the wearer their image and importance. I'm presenting you this kimono not just because I can't bear seeing you in such tattered clothing, I also want you to feel that you're alive and that you hold importance aside from not remembering anything of your past. So please?" I tell him as I gaze into his ruby eyes.

Naraku's eyebrows slowly loses its hard creases and he looks down at the kimono that is in my hands, he then holds out his hands and gently takes the kimono from me. He looks back at me and I can see a serene expression.

"Thank you___________. You sure know how to convince people." Naraku says with a gentle smile.

"I'm just stating the fact and symbolism, it's nothing much. I'll wait here till you finish changing, let me know if you need any help." I say to him with a smile.

I then walk pass him to give him some privacy, I take out the little bird as I direct my attention to it and not on Naraku. The sky is almost completely dark now, but I've noticed the fireflies are slowly coming out. Not long afterwards, a gentle wind blows pass me and carries my hair up. For some reason, I take that as a gentle gesture that Naraku has finished changing.

"I'm going to turn around now, call out if you're not yet finished." I say.

I then turn around and in front of me is Naraku, in the remaining natural light, I see him dressed in the navy blue kimono with the purple vest and yellow obi cord. He looks like a completely different person, he became noble like, more god like. He looks, absolutely flawless, his fair skin accompanied by his ruby red crystal eyes makes him so captivating. As I look at the new Naraku, the sudden flash of the image of the person wearing the similar kimono pops into my mind again, how I wish it was him, so that I don't need to keep searching. His long black hair gently swaying in rhythm with the wind. His expression is soft. I feel my heart skip a beat or something like that, but I regain my composure again. He just looks really handsome.