Leaving

My eyes were moist. My hands clammy. I was going to do it. I was going to leave the boys and go to college. I was going to leave and chase my dream. I was going to leave the boy I loved behind. My feet started to move me to the door and my hands gripped onto my suitcases. I pulled the door open and stepped into the hallway, my door clicking shut behind me.

“Ready, Chelsea?” Paul asked. I nodded. We made our way down to the lobby, where I checked out. I handed Paul the envelope with my letter inside. “Can you give this to the boy for me?”

“Of course,” He held it firmly in his hands. “I’m going to miss you, Paul,” I said. “We’re all going to miss you,” He said and I hugged him. I sniffled and Paul took one of my suitcases for me. A few security guards helped me with my other things and we left the lobby. Paul and others held back the crowd of girls.

“Chelsea! Where are you going?” “Is Nelsea over?” “Are you crying?” Girls shouted at me. I kept my eyes on the ground as I walked to the car. I got in and Paul loaded the trunk with my stuff. Paul knocked on the window. I rolled it down. “Have a safe trip home, Chelsea,” He said, “Don’t party too much,” “I won’t. Bye, Paul,” I leaned out the window and hugged him. “Bye, Chelsea,” He said and I rolled the window up. “Ready, Ms. Carter?” The driver asked. “Yes, Jeffrey. Thank you,” I told him, wiping underneath my eyes. Jeffrey pulled away from the hotel and started driving toward the airport. I sighed and closed my eyes, knowing that soon, I would be thousands of miles away from the boys I loved.

“Pumpkin!” My dad exclaimed as I stood at the door. “Hi, dad,” I smiled and he hugged me tightly. “I haven’t seen you since my birthday six months ago!” “I know, it’s been awhile,” I sighed. “You want some tea?” “Sure,” I smiled and followed him into his flat. He had moved out of the one I grew up in after I moved out. I don’t think he could bear to live there alone. “Vivienne! Chelsea’s here!” He called. “Vivienne?” I said, following him to the kitchen. A woman with blonde bobbed hair in a purple jumper sat at the table, drinking tea. “Vivienne, this is Chelsea,” My dad introduced me. “I’ve heard so much about you,” She smiled as she shook my hand. “He told you about me? DO you two work together?” I asked questioningly. “Uhm, Vivienne and I are dating. We have been for a few months now,” He put his arm around her. I froze. He was...dating? He was replacing Mum? “Oh,” was all I could say. We stood there for a few more seconds, then I said, “Could you excuse me for a quick minute?” I said. “Of course, sweetheart,” Dad said. I walked out of the kitchen to the bathroom and locked the door behind me. I sat down on the cool tiles and put my head in my hands. I brought my knees to my chest. Dad was dating another woman. He was replacing mum. This can’t be happening.

Niall’s POV

I collapsed on the couch, exhausted from the day. I put my head on a pillow and sighed. I closed my eyes and was close to falling asleep when I heard the boys’ muffled conversation. I sat up and went to Zayn’s room, which was connected to mine and Liam’s. I opened the door and Zayn, Liam, and Harry looked at me with wide eyes. “What’s going on?” I said. Liam held something out to me. A white envelope. I took it and saw that it was already opened. 

“Dear boys, I’m sorry for everything that has happened over the past few months. I blame myself...” I read on, “So I have to leave. I’m leaving. For college. I left earlier today. I’m going to Brown to major in political science, my dream. I’m sorry that I have to leave you boys. It breaks my heart to have to do this, but it’s for the best. You are the best friends I have ever had. I love you so much, Chelsea. P.S. Niall, I love you,” 

She was gone?! This can’t be happening. Tears formed in my eyes. I looked up at the other boys, their eyes red. I gripped the envelope in my hand and reread the letter. She was gone. Gone. Gone. Gone. G-O-N-E. I felt something between my fingers. I looked into the envelope. I saw Chelsea’s red necklace. The one that I had given her. My heart broke and I lost it. I sunk to my knees and cried. The other boys huddled around me in a hug. We sat there together for a few minutes until- “Hey, lads!” Louis walked into the room. We all looked at him. I got up and walked over to him. I punched him square in the jaw. “This is all your fault!” I screamed at him. “What are you talking about?!” He screamed back. “Chelsea’s gone! And it’s your fault! It’s all your fault!!! If it wasn’t for you, we wouldn’t be in this stupid mess!” I yelled at him, getting in his face. I felt arms holding me back. Then I started to cry. “Come on, Niall, let’s get you some chicken,” Zayn said. I didn’t say anything. I wasn’t hungry. I couldn’t eat. Liam and Zayn led me back to my room while Harry stayed with Louis, whose expression most likely matched mine. I couldn’t eat or sleep that night. She’s really gone. She’s really actually gone. This can’t be happening.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIALL!!!!