Chapter 5: Stalk

"What? But I didn't do it! No, you don't understand, it wasn't me. I swear!" Kanee Aschiko's voice echoed through her apartment as she paced around nervously. Her hand gripping on her phone for dear life as she talked to her University Principal. "I've never plagiarised her writing!" Then there was a brief moment of silence before a sob.

"You don't understand Principal! I've worked so hard to get in!" Aschiko sobbed into the phone, her knees crumpling onto the floor. "I had to take on so many jobs and offers to get in! Please, Principal, I swear!" There was silence once again before a loud wail echoed through the empty room, bouncing off and flowing through the window.

"Please don't expel me! I'll do anything!" Aschiko pleaded into the phone before there was silence and she sobbed even harder. Tears falling down her cheeks and falling onto the carpeted floor. She pulled her phone away from her ear and her finger shakily ended the call before wailing and dropping her phone on the floor. Then hiding her face in her hands as she sobbed and cried.

Meanwhile, a figure that had melted onto the floor was grinning. Like she was watching an amusing movie. Her smile wide and her eyes almost disappearing into her smile as she heard the commotion. It was all part of the plan. There was more to the plan, much more to what anyone would ever expect.

[*~*]

"Hey baby, how are things?" a calm and smooth voice asked. Kanee Aschiko wept as she heard her mother's voice. "Honey are you okay?"

"No, everything's just been terrible," Aschiko wailed into the phone. Her hands fisting her hair before screaming into the phone. "Everything's gone so terrible recently."

"What's wrong?" her mother's comforting voice asked.

"First I was expelled out of university for something I didn't do. Then, my boyfriend broke up with me because he said I was cheating on him. My roommate and best friend refused to talk to me because she thinks I've been talking shit about her and now all my friends have completely ignored and blocked me because we got into an argument about something I didn't even do!"

"It's okay hon, things will get better alright? Look on the bright side of things, at least you still have a home to live in and some money from us. University isn't a problem, you can always apply for another with your good grades," her mother assured. Aschiko sobbed before wiping her tears away.

"Alright, thanks, mum. I really needed that," Aschiko smiled.

"No problem, have a good week alright?" her mother's voice rang out before Aschiko pressed the end call button and laid her head on the desk. As if she was exhausted emotionally, physically and spiritually.

"You have no idea how well you're reacting to my plan," a whisper left her lips as she stared from outside. Her torch-like eyes were the only thing that shone underneath the raven black night. It would make anyone think the Cheshire cat had jumped out of Alice in Wonderland's story. "This is only the climax of my plan my dear friend. I'm nowhere near done. I just hope you've thought of a solution, like how you always did years ago. But I'd doubt that when you don't even know what the plan is."

Her eyes glimmered brighter underneath the soft moonlight. "You're just playing a game that you don't know. And what a dangerous game you're playing right now." She chuckled darkly before melting into her surroundings.

[*~*]

"Now, I'm gonna be nice Miss. Why did you steal these items?" the officer asked as he pushed out a bunch of junk food and basic groceries. Aschiko shook her head furiously. "Miss, I don't have the time for any more lies."

"I'm telling you, I didn't do it!"Aschiko cried while the officer just sighed.

"Listen, Miss, we don't have all day and I'd appreciate it if you just tell me the truth now. I'm getting tired of the games," the officer demanded.

"But I'm telling you I didn't do it!" Aschiko snapped at the officer after hours and hours of interrogation. The officer stiffly nodded and just stood up. Aschiko relaxed slightly only to be frightened when the officer slammed his hands onto the desk with a loud bang.

"You will pay for all the things you stole, double the price of the original," the officer's voice cold and unforgiving. "Alongside that, you'll have to work in this store for as long as you can pay back the money you stole the food from." Aschiko's jaw dropped and the officer walked away. "That is all."

"You can't make me do that!" Aschiko screamed, her pride breaking. "I can't let anyone see me in that wretched outfit with little to no salary!" The officer stopped in his tracks.

"Well, then maybe you should've thought about not stealing the food in the first place," the officer said before walking off. Aschiko's screams echoing through the room and bouncing off the walls.

[*~*]

"The week's gone terrible!" Aschiko fisted her hair angrily as she screamed into her desk. "First I was expelled out of university, then my boyfriend broke up with me, my roommate stopped talking to me, my friends blocked me and basically removed me and now I have to do this stupid job with little to no salary!" The rain humming loudly outside as she screamed into nothing.

The constant pitter-patter of the rain onto the tiled balcony floor slowly calming the 21-year-old. She sighed before picking up her phone and scrolling through her messages. Nothing to see, of course not. With all her friends blocking her and refusing to talk to her.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

She whipped her head furiously. There was no one outside. She tilted her head slightly. There was nothing. No matter how hard she looked. She shrugged before turning back to look at her phone.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Aschiko frowned as she looked again. There was nothing. She was starting to get frustrated with whoever was tapping on her window. "Who's there?" She stood up from her chair and walked over to the balcony and groaned loudly as she looked at the floor. "Seriously? The rain got in?" She sighed before walking to her closet to grab a towel before walking back to wipe the water from the floor.

She cursed. "Stupid rain." Once the floor was dry, she sighed in content before coughing harshly. Her heart rate starting to increase due to the panic. Then screaming out in pain as she felt something stab her in the back of her leg. She groaned in pain as blood rapidly poured out of her, almost like a waterfall of blood. Constantly pouring out and never stopping.

She took in deep breaths and tried to steady her breathing and stop the wound with the towel that had been discarded. But before she could even reach the towel. She fell to the floor and laid there. Dead. Blood pouring out of her leg and her heart rate decreasing.

"Well, that was short-lived," a voice said. A wild look in her eyes made her look more like a maniac. "I sure had fun with you, my former best friend."