Chapter 2: Team 5 & Team 7 - A Shared Survival Test

The next morning, Soji and the rest of his graduated class listened as Iruka listed the teams. "Team 5 are Jun Hikomi....Fell Umeino....and Soji Raikiri." Iruka announced. After he recieved his team, he got up and left. "Wait, Raikiri-san! You must come back after lunch to meet your sensei!" Iruka called. Soji nodded his way then left, his teammates (a girl with pale red-hair and a boy with light blue hair), following close behind.

"Hey! I'm Jun Hikomi. You're Soji, right?" The boy greeted. Soji nodded once and continued walking. "This is Fell Umeino." He gestured to the girl, who waved cheerfully.

"Hello!" The girl greeted. "So.....are you from a big clan?"

"Yes. I come from the Raikiri clan." Soji replied. They arrived upon his home compound and entered. "Do you want anything to eat or drink before we head back?" He asked his teammates.

"Got any yakisoba bread?" Jun asked.

"And pizza rolls?" Fell's eyes gleamed with curiousity. Soji nodded curtly and prepared both requests. "Do you want anything to drink?" He asked.

"Do you have green tea?" The two asked simultaneously. Soji gave one nod and tossed them a can of green tea. "Thanks Soji!"

"No problem." He served them their food and begin to ingest his own meal; yakisoba noodles and chocolate milk.

≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡

Team 5 waited for their sensei at the academy building as instructed, when the door slid open, revealing a woman with knee-length long, pale pink hair and bright lavender-colored eyes. "Hello brats. I am your sensei. Now follow me." She grinned, motioning for them to follow her, Soji doing so without complaint. "Wait Soji!" Jun hissed. "What if she's tricking us?"

"I would know." Soji answered emotionlessly. "And if I'm wrong, I will protect you." Jun and Fell then smiled and nodded in agreement.

≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡

"Okay, let's begin with introductions. The basics, like your name and age. Then list your likes, dislikes, and your goal. Blue-hair, you start." The pink-haired woman stated.

"Hey! What about you?!" Jun shouted. The woman sighed. "Fine then. My name is Ayo Nitori and my age is none of your damn buisness. I have various likes and dislikes. My goals....well, I haven't really got any." So all we really know is her name. Jun and Fell thought simultaneously. "Now blue-hair, you start."

"Fine. My name is Jun Hikomi and I am fourteen years-old." Jun grinned. "I love swimming, yakisoba bread, green tea, and animals. My goal is to surpass Kakashi Hatake and become the next Copy-Cat Ninja."

"Red-head."

"My name is Fell Umeino and I, too, am fourteen years-old." Fell reluctantly stated. "I like pizza, pizza-related foods, green tea, and early mornings. My goal is to be a legendary Sannin like Tsunade-sama."

"Now you. Emo-kid." Ayo looked at Soji, who sighed deeply. "My name is Soji Raikiri and I am fourteen. My likes and dislikes are none of your concern. As for my goal....I plan on getting stronger and find out what happened to my clan." Raikiri, huh? Where have I heard that name before? Ah, no matter. Ayo thought to herself before clapping. "Alrighty-then! Now go back home and get some rest! Tomorrow, meet me on the east training grounds at dawn. Oh, and don't eat breakfast or you'll throw up." Then, with a handsign and a poof, Team 5's sensei was gone.

≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡

The next day, Jun and Fell headed to the east training grounds at dawn, only to find Soji, Sasuke, Sakura, and some blonde kid wearing an orange track suit already there. "This seems to be a problem. What's going on, Soji?" Jun asked. Soji jerked his thumb in their direction. "Hm? Yeah, what are they doing here?" Fell asked curiously, tilting her head. Soji shrugged.