1.8

okay guys idk if u remember anything but i've decided to rewrite chapter 18 (the chapter in which hazel and luke go on that v unsuccessful date). so forget that chapter existed, re-read chapter 17 if u want, and then read this (:

this is basically a new version of chapter 18

-

After pressing the call button on her phone, she waited patiently for Luke to answer, but was immediately sent to voice mail.

She groaned, "Dammit, Luke, why won't you pick up? Um, yeah, I'm not too sure if I can make it to our little date thing today. My dad has a flight back home and he should be in the airport in an hour, so I have to pick him up. I'm so sorry, but hopefully we'll get to do this some other time."

When finally satisfied with the message she had sent, Hazel walked outside of her bedroom and to the living room, where she found Luke sitting on the couch as he usually did, both his legs stretched out with a large pack of chips next him as he listened to the voice mail Hazel had just sent him.

It wasn't surprising to Hazel for Luke to show up randomly at her apartment anymore, she was used to it. It literally felt like they lived together.

She silently watched as Luke pouted and turned out saying, "I got ready for nothing."

"I'm sorry," Hazel bit her lips as she watched Luke get up and clear up the little mess he had made.

"It's okay," He sighed, "But I'm upset because I spent so much time trying to look this good."

"What're you even talking about?" She rolled her eyes, "You always look good."

A smirk replaced Luke's pout as he crossed his arms proudly, and that was when Hazel realized what she had just said.

"What? You and I both know that I'm telling the truth here," Hazel pointed out, her heart beat increasing as he walked closer to her.

"Point taken," He smiled, "But I was far too excited for today."

"Well, maybe you can, like, come to the airport with me?" Hazel suggested, even though it was clearly a stupid idea.

"That's a great idea," Luke grinned, and he managed to hold Hazel's hand without her noticing, then pulled her to the front door, "Let's go pick him up."

-

The pair waited in front of the airplane gate, where Hazel's dad was supposed to be. Countless passengers exited the plane rushingly, which made it hard for Hazel to look for her father, and so her eyes continued to search frantically for someone who resembled him, but he was no where in sight.

"He should be out of that plane any minute now," She said to Luke, but he was no help so far as he was far too busy playing a random application on her phone to pay attention to what she had been saying.

"Hey, Hazel," Luke said several seconds later, "I think your dad just sent you text, unless you've got someone else in contacts with the name of 'DADDY' with, like, ten heart emojis after that."

Hazel snatched the device out of his hand, and immediately read the text her father had sent her, which instantly ruined her afternoon, "Dad missed his damn flight."

"Oh," Luke responded awkwardly, obviously unsure of how he was supposed to answer. He knew that she was looking forward to picking up her dad from his business trip, but had no clue how to cheer her up.

Hazel wasn't exactly independent, and was far too busy doing nothing to care about her life and the decisions she is going to have to make eventually. Luke admired her dad, because she was nearly nineteen and was still laying around the house, doing nothing, yet he did not force her to do things she was not willing to do.

It would have been silent if it weren't for the crowds of people surrounding them, and Hazel just seemed to be so deep into thought.

"Hazel-" Luke began, but was cut off by the sound of Hazel's phone ringing, and she immediately pulled her phone out of her pocket, then allowed a smile to appear on her face.

"Dad's calling," She informed Luke before she pressed the green answer button, "Hi, Dad!"

"Hey Hazel," Her father replied, "I just wanted to apologize for missing my flight. I was sleeping and sort of kept on pressing the snooze button on alarm clock."

"It's alright," She sighed, "But please tell you've booked another flight."

"I have," He responded, "Sadly all the flights for this week are fully booked, so the only one I could book was for next week."

"Oh."

"Hey, hey," Her dad was quick to answer, "Don't get all upset, alright? I'll be gone for seven more days and that's it."

"Okay," Hazel sighed sadly, "I'll see you soon, dad."

"Bye, honey," Her father said, "Oh, and do say hi to your boyfriend, Michael, for me, okay?"

And before Hazel could respond to that, her father ended the call. She shrugged and pushed her phone back in her pocket, looking up to see Luke standing in front of her with an eyebrow raised.

"Dad's coming home next week," Hazel told him, and he nodded saying, "I guess that's not too bad."

"Do you know what would really cheer me up right now," Hazel asked Luke, crossing her arms over her chest with a smile.

"I'm really bad at guessing," Luke simply answered, "You tell me."

"Chicken nuggets," Hazel said, "I really want chicken nuggets."

"Well then, let's go get some chicken nuggets."

-

this book is so close to 3 million reads holy bible thank you so much!

u should also read my larry stylinson short story bc im probably going to update that like 84738373 times a day bc its easier for me to write short chapters

anyway idk but many seem to ask me lots and lots of questions and i'm not always able to answer them, so i thought why not make like a Q&A sort of chapter i guess idk

if you have any questions you can leave them

HERE

and you can ask me literally ask anything and i will try to answer all of them. you can ask me for opinions on many subjects or anything personal i dont really mind

but yeah

I LOVE U GUYS MORE THAN I LOVE CHICKEN NUGGETS AND IM CRAVING CHICKEN NUGGETS WHICH EXPLAINS THE END OF THIS CHAPTER