Chapter 1

Lucas POV:

I was always the nerd, the no sports kid, the black sheep of the family. Often being confused for a girl when I was younger because of my long hair and being made fun of.

I guess my parents didn't really care for me that much. They cared even less when my brother was born. He grew up to be muscular and 'manly' (even if he was not as tall as me). He did sports and was the perfect child to be proud of, that was until he told them about his boyfriend. Yet it didn't take long for them to accept him.

I wish I was like him I can barely talk to them much less tell them about my preference. We've never been on good terms but it's gotten worse over the years.

I am also a fourth year college student and I'm studying laws (because my parents wanted me to). I live with a roommate away from my family (they recently moved closer because my brother started college).

I'm brought back to the real world from my day dreams by the sound of a door closing. I look in that direction.

"Sorry did I scare you?" I shake my head. "no I was just about to go to bed anyways" he nods. "oh okay" I stand up and get in bed. I take off my glasses and try to sleep.

That is my roommate, best friend and platonic crush, of more than 5 years, Leo.

Leo went to take a shower and came out a few minutes later.

"you still awake?" Leo asks. "no" I answer. "then who am I talking to?"

I don't answer as he gets in the bed next to me.

Yes, we share the bed. This was originally a room for one person but when I couldn't pay my stay alone I moved in with him to his dorm.

We've known each other for so long that neither of us mind. Of course I don't know if he would mind if he knew I like him.

The next day I woke up and got ready. As soon as Leo woke up he walked towards me. "morning" I said. "morning, you want to go to the gym with me after class?" I nod. "I'll see you later" I say and leave.

I go to all my classes and then wait for Leo. He arrives about ten minutes after and we leave to the gym.

He was punching away at a punching bag when he looked at me. "You wanna try" I nod and after putting on the gloves I start hitting it softly first because it had been a long time since I boxed. (I used to compete for a while after we met)

Suddenly his phone rang. He answered. "hello?" After ending the call he walked to me. "hey, listen I have to go, Abbey called she wants to have dinner". I nod. "it's fine, I'll see you later"  as soon as he left I started punching as hard as I could.

After feeling calm, I sat down and drank water. Suddenly someone sat next to me. "lover boy left?" I look at her confused. "oh sorry, I'm Jessy" I nod.

"Lucas" she nods. "so why did he leave?" I sigh. "his girlfriend called" she nods and smiles. "how about we go to dinner and we talk more" I raise my brow "Don't be scared I'm not hitting on you I'm a hundred percent taken" I nod.

We leave and head to a restaurant near the gym. When I look around I see Leo. "why don't we go some where else" I say. " We can if you want to" she says after seeing Leo.

"No it's fine" I say and we sit too order.

Third person POV:

As they sit down Abbey sees them. "oh that's Lucas, isn't it?" Leo looks at them. "yeah that's him" he says turning back to her. "is that his girlfriend?" he shrugs. "I don't know he hasn't been talking to me lately" Leo sound a bit upset but keeps eating while talking to Abbey.

The food arrived at Lucas and Jessy's table. "Lover boy seems confused to see you with someone else" Lucas sighs.

"Anyways what about you, got anyone?" Lucas asks. Jessy nods. "I've been with my girlfriend for years now" Lucas smiles. "cool"

They eat their food and leave. Thankfully Jessy has a car and drives Lucas home.

When they arrive Lucas gets out of the car and waves goodbye to Jessy. He goes up to his dorm room. When he arrives, Leo is already there.

"Hey" Lucas says. "hey, so who's your friend?" Lucas raises an eyebrow. "the one from the restaurant"

"Oh she's from the gym she talked to me for a while then asked to go eat and keep talking" Leo nods.

Lucas then went to take a shower and went to sleep.

About a week has passed since he met Jessy and almost every day they either texted or talked in person. Leo was annoyed with it but didn't mention it.

Lucas was walking out of the campus when he ran into Jessy and another girl.

"Hey Lucas" she smiled. "hey"

"Lucas this is Lauren, my girlfriend" Lauren smiled and Lucas did the same. "nice to meet you" he said.

"You wanna go to dinner with us?" Lucas tried to say no. "I wouldn't want to intrude" Jessy shakes her head. "You wouldn't be, right Lauren?" Lauren nods. "okay then".

They went to the same restaurant as last time. On the way they talked about how they got together and other stuff. When they arrive a waitress pointed them to a table and they sat.

"You're friend is here with his girlfriend again" Jessy said. "this is his regular date night spot so" they nod. "he saw us and he doesn't seem all that happy that your sitting with us"

Back at Leo's table he seemed confused and a bit mad. "what's wrong?" Abbey asked. "nothing wrong, I'm just not used to seeing him with other people since he usually talks to no one" Abbey nods.

When it was time to leave Leo told Abbey that he would walk home to be able to talk to Lucas and she nodded.

When Lucas was about to get in the car Leo called him. "Lucas can we walk home together?" Lucas looked at Leo and then at Jessy and Lauren and they nodded. "sure" he closed the door and said goodbye to the girls. They drove off as Leo and Lucas walked.

"So, you seem to be hanging out with her allot" Lucas nods. "she's nice"

"you should introduce us some time" Lucas nods. The whole way back consisted of Leo trying to make small talk and Lucas giving short answers.

They arrived at the dorm and got ready for bed then went to sleep.

Leo suddenly asked something. "Lucas do you like someone". Lucas stayed silent and when he saw Leo was asleep he spoke.

"I like you, you idiot, but I know you won't like me back so it's okay to just stay like this".

Leo heard but just stayed silent.