First Round of Basketball

Basketball Season has started! In the Borough Cup, Mushroom High were playing Super Star High at home. This was the school that beat them in the Borough Cup final by cheating. Then Mushroom High got their revenge against them in the National Cup. Djhon and his team were getting ready. Yoshi isn't available for obvious reasons so they added two new players to replace Yoshi and Djhon who was going to coach them. The line-up was this.

SF: Luigi

PF: Bowser

C: Waluigi

PG: Mario

SG: Toad

Bench:

Troops

Dave

Michael

Morton (New)

Boo (New)

Its was Boos first basketball match in 2 years. Morton also got picked because he is a great 3 point shooter.

Mushroom High trained at their basketball court. There were seats all over the pitch. The crowd were cheering. Super Star entered the courtroom. The crowd booed knowing about how they cheated to win a trophy. Djhon gave his team a talk.

"So, guys, you haven't played a basketball match in a while. If we can win this cup, we will make the National Cup and we also have home advantage over whoever makes this final. Guys, I want you to show these guys no mercy let's do this.

5 minutes of preparation and the team was ready. The ref threw up the ball and Mario jumped and smacked it. Waluigi had the ball as he dribble towards the D. He shoots a 3. GOAL! Crowd were roaring. The Super Star number 11 dribbled the ball. He passes it to the number 10 who makes a layup.

Half of the first quarter was played and Mushroom High were behind by 5 points. Mario takes the ball as he takes passes to Waluigi who is own his own. He goes for the slam dunk and he makes it. Mushroom high 15-18 Super Star. The super Star number 10 took charge. He went past Waluigi and Mario and went for a layup. BLOCKED BY TOAD! The crowd were screaming. Mushroom High had Waluigi on the ball as he crosses one and passes to Mario. Mario with a three point shot. HE GETS IT! Mushroom High 18-18 Super Star High.

The quarter ended with it being Mushroom High 24-24 Super Star High. It was even so far. Djhon decided to bring on his subs for the next quarter. The ball starts with Troops passing it to Dave who makes in a layup. 5 minutes later and Super Star were in front by 10 points. It was Mushroom High 32-42 Super Star High. Michael passes it to Troops and Troops goes for the 3 pointer. He gets it. It's 35-42. The last 5 minutes were crucial as Super star made it to 50 points and it ends at half time Mushroom High 42-51 Super Star High.

Djhon wasn't too mad about the half. He knew that there are two new people on the team so be wasn't to shocked that they were going to lose that half. He knew that Super Star had played 2 games already. He gave his team a quick talk.

"Ok, guys. This is where we get ruthless. The last thing I need is for us to lose to these guys. Bowser, I want you taking more shots. There were too many cases where you pass the ball and they intercept. We also need to make sure that they don't get free space to shoot. That has cost us. Comon guys. Mario, Bowser, Luigi, Waluigi and Toad are back on. Let's win this!"

The game restarted with and immediate response from Mushroom High. Bowser decided to shoot from the half way point and it managed to go in. Now it was dominant Mushroom High and in 2 minutes they were level with Super Star.

The crowd were cheering. This was much better from the team. The number 10 for Super Star goes for a layup and Mario smacks it. He throws one to Bowser and Bowser dribbles it. He passes to Luigi. Luigi goes for a layup and HE MAKES IT! THE CROWD ARE ROARING NOW! 53-51 MUSHROOM HIGH. They have stepped it up big time. Super Star go again but Mario blocks it. Mario had been on fire this quarter. He goes for a SLAM DUNK. OH THE CROWD LOVED IT. HE JUMPED FROM THE FREE THROW LINE AND SLAMMED THAT BALL INTO THE NET. THE GAP HAS INCREASED. SUPER STAR HAVENT SCORED A BASKET IN THIS QUARTER AND THEY ARE LOOKING REALLY VULNERABLE IN THIS TIE! Super Star now have the ball. The number 16 passes it and Mario get it back again. He passes it to Bowser. Bowser passes it to Luigi who jumps for it. THEY'VE DONE AN ALLEY OOP! THE CROWD ARE LOVING THIS. It's Mushroom High 57-51 Super Star. Incredible stuff.

2 minutes before the end of the 3rd quarter and Mushroom High are on 67 points. Super Star Still haven't managed to get a basket this quarter. This game has been changed. 5 seconds left. Mario, passes it to Toad. Toad brings it to Waluigi. Waluigi with a three pointer. He gets it on the buzzer beater. The third quarter ends Mushroom High 70-51 Super Star. It's the first time since 1996 where a team had gone a whole quarter without scoring a basket. Amazing.

Djhon goes to his players. "Guys, what was that? You guys looked like you were turning into NBA players. That was the best basketball I've seen in a long time. Mario, what a dunk. Waluigi, Amazing. In fact, all of you did good. I'm gonna struggle to find a man of the match. For now you guys should come off. We need to give these lot another opportunity. Comon guys. If we reach 100, I'll give you guys a reward. And believe me, you will love it."

So the last quarter kicked off. Super Star going for a basket but the number 8 hit the rim twice. Morton takes it and he crosses two of their players. He shoots a three and makes it. Super Star try to respond but there was no hope for them. Dave takes it an passes to Michael who gives it to Boo. Boo shoots a layup and makes it. The player who uses his tongue to dribble gets another layup. Super Star finally responds with the number 8 getting a basket. How they haven't managed to score in the third quarter is amazing. The crowd were on their feet. They also want 100 points. This won't break the record when the olders managed 162 points 2 years ago which was against Nintendo High.

5 minutes later and Mushroom High were at 90 points. Djhon brought back on his main players despite the subs getting 20 points. Mario gives it to Waluigi who nutmegs the number 10 to Bowser who DUNKS IT! Fantastic work. This is insane. Mushroom High have really put a show for their fans here. It's Mushroom High 92-61 Super Star. Mario passes to Luigi and Luigi goes for a 3. He gets it. All the Mushroom High players who are on have got a 3 pointer. Mario was the star as he showed more pressure for the Super Star team. To think that they were 10 points ahead is amazing.

There were only 15 seconds left and Mushroom High were on 99 points. Mario passes it to Luigi who crosses 2 people as he gives it to Bowser. 10 seconds left as Bowser drives it down and passes to Waluigi. They want to make another buzzer beater as he gives it back to Mario. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Mario goes for the 3 and HE GETS IT!

It ends Mushroom High 102-67 Super Star. What a game for Mushroom High. The fans applaud a crazy game. The team enters the changing room celebrating. "Guys, I can't believe what you've done. That was some great basketball you lot have played. It's another one if those games where I wished I was in you deserve it. Now, for reaching 100 points. This is what I'm gonna do for you!"

Djhon gets a large box. In the box there were new kits. Kits with names on it. Mario had a number 11 shirt, Waluigi had his lucky number 9 shirt. Bowser got the number 7 shirt. Troops got a number 12 shirt. Luigi got a number 8 shirt. Morton got a number 15 shirt. Dave and Michael got number 2 and 4 shirts. And finally, Boo and Toad both got numbers 6 and 13. Another thing they got was 20 dollars each. Not just for this game but for the soccer as well.

"Thanks Djhon, we really appreciate it!" Mario said.

"You deserve it!" Djhon said. "Enjoy your reward."

Basketball has started with a BANG. Can they repeat what they did in soccer? Hope you liked the chapter.