Bubble bath dreams- #4

Marina was a little curious about Kimiko, but also didn't care enough to ask why she knew where he lived, or why she had the authority to take her there.
She eyes her appearance, she had the standard female octoling hair, the one she had seen many in the square have, and big doe-like eyes; a shade of orange in color, and lightly tanned skin.
Kimiko led her up into a room the size of a apartment. It had a nice view of octo valley, and cracks and crevices of the gorge spread out through the window. Octavio's tastes were taking old-fashioned items and taking a spin on it. The apartment reflected that with there being old-fashioned wooden decor being painted black and white, for a modern look. Tatami mats lay on the floor, and the doors are paper sliding doors.

Marina couldn't care less.
"Where's the bathroom? I wanna take a bath, drink some booze and smoke a cig."
Kimiko stifles at the mention of drugs and alcohol. She's innocent. How cute.
"U-Um I-I don't think we have any of that..."
Fuck.
"Well, do you know where that ugly ass dress is? There's some cigs in there."
"S-sorry..." her eyes dart all over the place, "I-I don't know where it is..."
Double fuck.
"Well, if you want me to be sane around here, you better get cho ass up and find some already."
"O-Okay....?"
"By the way, you haven't answered my question on where the damn bathroom is. " Marina was slightly annoyed, and you could tell by the tone of her voice.
Kimiko pointed out the spiral staircase, and then to the first room visible.
"Thanks. " she didn't listen to anything Kimiko had to say and climbed up the stairs, opened and slammed the door shut; then turned on the bath, teal ink pooled out of the spicket and into the white porcelain.
The bathtub was a claw-foot tub because of course it was, she rummaged around under the black and white marble sink to see what else was in there. Her eyes lit up when she saw a pink bottle that read: "Pink cherry blossom bubble bath." She immediately uncapped the bottle and poured it into the warm ink. The white bubbles frothed up and released their floral scent. Marina finally peeled of her hospital gown and lowered herself in, then turned the spicket off.

What was left is silence. Just her breathing. She couldn't even hear if Kimiko was downstiars or not...

Her mind drifted off to memories of when she and her got a new bathtub and had the bright idea to take a bath together. Her made herself a mustache of bubbles and it ended with a bubble fi-

Marina repeatedly slapped herself for bringing it up,over and over and over, until there were no thoughts left.
.....Her mind drifted again to what Octavio had brought up earlier. Her mind was in a crossroads.
On one hand, he was right. Inklings were celebrity-obsessed maniacs with little care for much else in their empty, empty heads But on the other, she wasn't completely sure if they were completely to blame for the... what had happened.
Did they deserve to be punished?
....Punished...
Punished...
Punished...
She hates them. Despises them. Their screams would be music to her ears. If only she could destroy them... But Octavio is too much of a wuss for that...
Her eyes slowly closed, and before she knew it, darkness had her in her grasp.

Her smile. She smiled so brightly.
"Yo! Reena! Where have you been?"
That nickname... she hated it so much but it felt so nice to be called that again. Marina reached out to her.
"I've missed you so much Pearlie..."
"Ehhhh don't get all mushy on me Marina!" her laugh echoed throughout the space.
Marina looked around, it was a field.. All around them was lush green grass and flowers, she smiled. She hadn't felt so happy in months. She could feel the tears drip from her eyes and down her face.
"Eh?! W-why are you crying?!"
"I-I'm fine Pearlie I-I just thought... I was so scared I lost you forever!"
She hugged her tiny body, her hug felt so nice... she's missed this so much... Why did this end in the first place? Pearls wonderful, wonderful laugh rang through the air again, and her bright eyes shone and sparkled brightly.
"I never left! I am always with you..." she put a hand over Marinas heart.
And just like that.
Her world shatters. Her heart, and all of the happiness and hope sinks far far down.
"N-no wait P-Pearl please stay with me! Right here!"
"Marina... It isn't your time."
"PEARL PLEASE! I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU!"
"Yes you can Marina! You were always so much smarter than me! If anyone could do it- it's you!"
"Pea-"

She woke up.
She felt as of she's been gutted. She felt so empty and dull inside.

Death would be better than this.

She stood up, her skin was pruned, wrinkled, and the bath water was pretty much cold. She had been sleeping there for who knows how long now...
The door opened with a click and swung.

"O-Oh my goodness! I-I'm sorry!" Kimiko looked away, face bright red, Marina had made no moves to cover herself. She felt a tinge of annoyance and glared at her.
"There's a thing called knocking."
"S-sorry..."
She sets down the bundle of clothes onto the sink.
"U-um..."
"..." Marina looked at her unexpectedly while she still desperately avoided looking at her
"... can I braid your tentacles once you've gotten your clothes on?"
"...Maybe?" Marina was thrown off by that question, out of the questions she could have expected from her, that would be at the bottom. Kimiko nodded and quickly shut the door behind her.
"..." Marina stared at the left behind clothes and picked them up. She sighed at what it was. The Elite Octoling uniform, with a shiny silver breastplate and all. She figured at least it was better than walking around naked and slid on the black shorts and matching top. It felt weird without the metal plate so she hooked it on and stepped out the bathroom.

Kimiko looked at her with bright eyes.
"Wow! You look great."
Marina couldn't think of anything witty to say and just grinned in response.
"So... Can I pretty please braid your tentacles?"
"..." she sighed, "Fine. Fine. Fine you can braid my tentacles. Whatever."
Kimiko smiled, "sit down, sit down! "
"Where?"
"U-um... I'll bring a stool! So you can sit down and look at yourself in the mirror!" Kimiko lept off. Soon Marina ears twitched and she scowled at the squeak and squealing of a chair being dragged across the wooden floors. Kimiko came back into sight and plopped the white stool in front of the gold-decorated medieval mirror. Marina made a mental note of how it didn't match the rest of the place and sat down.
Kimiko hummed as she slicked back her tentacles and began twisting them together.
"...The fuck you wanted to braid my tentacles so bad for?"
"I-I like braiding tentacles..."
"I can tell. "
Kimiko looked in deep thought, "...Y-You know I-I once saw one of your performances on the surface once... You were very good."
That got her attention, "You've been up there?"
"Mmhmm."
"Why the fuck are you down here then?"
"...I-I don't think I belong up there..."
"..." Marina was confused, and Kimiko seemed to sense this.
"I-I don't care much for turf wars a-and while i do like their fashion and music... I don't know. I just don't think I belong up there..."
"..."
Huh.

She finishes braiding her tentacles, Marina stares at her dreary-eyed reflection. Dark circles still ran under her eyes. What a miserable fucking creature, she thought.
"You're so pretty Marina! I wish I had skin like yours..."
"..."
"I-It's getting pretty late you should-"
"I'm not going to bed." The dream had decided that for her.
"O-Oh okay...Do you want company then? I'm not very tired either..."

"..."