Waking up- #1

What is purity?
To most inklings, when they think of purity they think of Marina. She is the embodiment of purity. Her flawless skin and award-winning smile wins over the hearts of many. To see her announce the stages and twirl her beats and work her magic on the stage... It felt like nothing in the world could be wrong.
That was a lie.
The world is cruel and harsh, and anything can happen at any time. Any bit of happiness can be fleeting. Even to people as pristine as a celebrity.
Even to someone like Marina.

She woke up. And wished she hadn't.
Her apartment was a mess, Tv left on from last night, couch old and covered in burn marks and black scruffs, dirty clothes tossed around, dirty dishes, all kinds of things you can think of in a mess.
She groaned and pushed off her blanket of dirty clothes. Sneering at that blasted black top with the zipper. How did she ever wear that in the first place? It's hideous.
Marina picked it up and promptly threw it out the window, the wind will take care of it. She told herself.
Next step was to get some breakfast. SQreos are breakfast right?
Next was the guilt "Of course SQes are not fucking breakfast you moron! You fat piece of shit! FUCK you!"
After was getting dressed. She creeped around and sniffed until she found a piece of clothing that didn't smell terrible. It did have a questionable stain, but it was good enough. Maybe she would do laundry later, but a voice deep, deep down knew that it was not going to happen.
Finally she checked her phone. 5 calls from her agent. She kept it set to silent and set it down. Walked back to the couch, sat down, and clicked on the tv.

"And today in the news we have Marina who was-"
Ignore.
"Marina-"
No.
"Ma-"
Chesus, Cod dammit son of a fish what the carp is with these people?
She settles down on a channel where a bunch of young inklings with too much time on their hands are fighting about something or other that most likely isn't that important.
A hearty knock on the door nearly sets her off, she glares at it and debates if it is worth the effort to get up.
"Fuuuck me..."
She stands up Her agent- scratch that, former agent stands there. Tentacles tied up in a bun, glasses framing her face, red pumps, and the freshest pantsuit you can buy.
"...Hello."
She said stiffly
"...what are you doing here?" Marina asked, she could feel her cheeks burning with anger and deeply scowled at her.
Her agent didn't flinch, and cleared her throat.
"Toni Kensa is hosting an event party, and they want you to make a appearance."
"Not interested, I fired you."
She moves to shut the door, unfortunately for Marina, her agent moves to block the door with her shoe and steps inside
"What do you want?"
"You to leave me the fuck alone. I'm retired." Marina folds her arms and doesn't loosen her scowl.
"You and I both know that living in this pigsty isn't doing you any good." She looked around the place in disgust, Marina just rolled her eyes.
"I refuse to live in that mansion."
"I didn't say you had to. Look, get out for a night, get some drinks, try on some clothes, take a few pictures, mingle, have a good time. Get out of this disgusting place, people haven't seen you in months."
"That was the idea. I didn't WANT to be seen."
Her agent sighed, "Please? Just as a favor?"
"...what are you getting out of it huh?" Marina eyed her with suspicion.
"They want to create buzz around the event.. And they offered a check..." Her agent looked to the side.
Marina could almost laugh. She hadn't tried to contact her in months, but as soon as someone offered her a check, suddenly POOF! She appeared right before her eyes, pretending to care about her. She had a half a mind to tell her to fuck off and kick her ass to the curb. But then again... A night of free drinks doesn't sound too bad...
"...Give me half of it and I'll do it."
Her agent grinned, satisfied. Marina hoped that she'd leave but- fuck she whipped out a contract. Wise play bitch. Now she couldn't get out of it.
Marina picked up the pen with a heavy sigh, it was nice and weighty, and there was a smoothness to it. She liked it, and wished to find another to steal for herself. She scribbled her name on there, basically unreadable. Her agent snatched up the contract and with award-winning business smile, thanked her and dropped off a final bombshell.
"Oh, I forgot to mention one final thing. The event is tonight. At 10."
"Tch." Marina sneered, fucking bitch. Her agent sensed her welcome had just overstayed, and left. Marina contemplated on what to do next. She could actually rummage around in her closet and put effort into looking nice, or she could say fuck it and not bother.
Goddammit she was just too tired for this shit... The decision was made to take a nap.

Marina's always hated looking for things. It always felt as if she couldn't ever find anything. Her was better at finding things than she- No shut up quit drifting off and find it already.
Ah, bingo.
Marina swallowed as she looked at the shimmery aquamarine dress. The sleeves and dress was long, and the back was exposed when worn. Absolute rubbish. Disgusting. It was perfect.
The party should have already started, but she was being "fashionably late", she also wanted to get there when all the photographers would (hopefully) be plastered and wouldn't bother her as much as usual. It was a lost cause, she knew but the hope was still there.
Anyways, she puts on the dress, not bothering with the shoes, nobody could see them anyway. Called a cab, and prayed to cod that this event wouldn't be awful.