the feast

Draco spun around to find Harry right behind him.

He looked stunning.

His green robes perfectly matched his eyes, going perfectly with his olive skin. His hair was actually half-decent, and Draco had to admit that when Harry made an effort, he looked nothing short of handsome.

He could feel his face heating up as he stuttered out, "You look really good."

Really good? He wanted to slap himself. He usually thought of himself as a decently poetic person, and his brain was coming up with many creative ways to describe how Harry looked right now, and the best he could spit out was pretty good?

"You too, Draco." Harry seemed a lot less nervous than Draco, although the blush that was slowly spreading across his face suggested that he was much more anxious than he appeared.

In an attempt to break the silence, Harry added, "I think we should go inside now." His eyes still hadn't left Draco's.

"Let's." Draco held out his arm and the other boy took it with no hesitation. They joined the crowd of students strolling into the dining hall.

Draco let out a small gasp as they entered the room. It had been completely transformed.

Fairy lights hung over the entire hall, the only light other than flickering candles that sat on the tables. The ceiling was dotted with constellations, a perfect replica of the cloudless night sky.

Draco's heart felt like it was going to explode from beating too fast when McGonagall gestured the champions and their partners to follow her.

Fleur and followed by a boy who was practically drooling over her, and Cedric and Cho beamed at each other. Hermione and Krum walked together, the former dressed in a floaty blue dress, her hair not it's usual nest.

Then there was Harry and Draco. They were both nervous; Draco could almost feel Harry's heart beating much faster than it should, although he couldn't fault him, because his was doing the same.

They stopped right in front of Dumbledore and the teacher's table. He smiled down at them, even at Draco and Harry, and waved his hand towards the empty seats next to the judges. Draco sat down, Harry at one side, Fleur at the other.

The tables were set with golden plates, with small menus placed delicately on top of them. Draco was a bit confused, as this was not the normal dinner set up, and it seemed no one else had any idea on how to order, as even Hermione stared at hers with a puzzled expression.

Dumbledore appeared aware of this, because once the hall quieted down, he said loudly and clearly, "Pork chops!" And the aforementioned food appeared on his plate.

The great hall quickly filled with noise as hungry student shouted at their plates.

Draco felt a little silly as he whispered "Turkey," into his plate. When nothing appeared, he looked at Harry, who was laughing at him.

"You have to say it louder." Harry giggled. "Like this: pudding!" He said loudly to his plate, and in an instant, a serving appeared on his plate.

"Turkey," Draco said, louder this time, and it popped into existence on his plate.

At first, Draco and Harry were too immersed in their food to bother with conversation, but as the minutes passed with no conversation, it began to get awkward.

"So," said Harry, turning to him, "I hope you're better at dancing than I am."

"We don't have to dance," Draco replied over the potatoes on his mouth, "We can just watch other couples embarrass themselves."

As soon as he said it, he wanted to crawl under the table. Other couples? Draco had just made it seem like he was calling Harry and him a couple. Which they were definitely not, and in no way would ever be, Draco was almost a hundred percent sure of it.

However, Harry, always oblivious, didn't seem to notice. "You don't mean to tell me you don't know about the champions dance?"

Draco turned pale. "The what?"

"The champion's dance." Harry repeated slowly. "The champions and their partners have the first dance. I assumed you knew when you asked me."

Draco swallowed. "I did not. Do we know what song we're dancing to? We should have planned this! I'm going to embarrass myself in front of the entire school." Draco sighed as he looked out on the other students, laughing and chatting. Soon all those eyes would be on him, judging him, and Draco wasn't even that good of a dancer.

"It's okay." Harry patted him on the back. It was very awkward, but a sweet gesture nothingless. "I'm not a dancer either. We can be the least coordinated couple on the dance floor!"

They froze.

- - -

Author's note: 

So I'm wondering whether you guys think I should continue with the fluff or put a lil angst in here. It wouldn't be a ton, but enough to keep the story going and add a bit of spice. But I'm not sure, what do you guys think?