Zach's Home.

Vic's POV

The silent ride home was killing me, I could tell Riley is pissed at me but I don't understand why.

And to make matters worse now Zach is pissed at mefor making Riley upset, and just so happens he got home early this week. I'm Screwed.

When we got back to her place she didn't talk to me, Zach went to pick up Dinner and wont be back for a little bit.

She seems upset but I don't want to push the topic. Hopfully this blows over and both of them calm down soon because if they don't I'm fucked.

Zach's Pov

Ry texted me earlier and was ovbiously upset so I told her i was coming home already and i stop and pick up some food.

Riley is like my littler sister and I swear if Vic hurt her already I'm not scared to kill him I already threatened that piece of shit of ex she has. Hopfully everthing will be alright.

Riley's POV

I swear i'm going to kill Zach if he doesn't get her soon, Vic hasn't talked to me but it would be nice if he tried.

I'm laying on my bed when i hear a couple knocks on my front door and i know its him. this day has gone to complete shit and i just want to go to sleep.

I walk out into the living room and Zach has this huge smile on his face that just makes me laugh, I run up to him and wrap my arms around his neck, he picks me up off the ground and twirl me around.

His sent fills my nose and it takes me back to the first day we met exactly three years to the day. We set in that hall for what seemed liked days.

From everything with my brother to who shall not be named my ex.

He sets me down and laugh slightly, I punch him in the arm "Don't you ever leave on his annaversiary again. Got It?!?!"

He rubs his arm, "OWWW!!! Alright,  why do you think I came home? I wouldn't forget about it, But hey we will talk about it later"

I smile and slightly laugh and shake me head, "So what did you get to eat?" I turn my head to the side and smile showing me dimples while he laughs.

"Chinese, of course" he smiles "were's Vic?"

"Umm, I think the living room" I say turning around to walk to the kitchen, passing the living room see Vic watching some movie "Yeah the living room"

Vic's POV

After dinner Zach asks if he can talk to me, and honestly i'm pretty scared. He stands up from the table and starts to walk to Riley's room.

I walk behind him and shut the door when I reach her room. As the door clicks shut and i turn around i see Zach he doesn't look mad or pissed mearly upset or confused.

"What happened today?" he asks in a clipped tone.

"Nothing, we just went to the mall, bought some stuff, went for frozen yogart, and i asked about her scars then she stormed out" I say very rushed and fast.

He stands up swiftly "You did what?" he ask pissed off, pushing me against the wall "No wonder" he says letting me out of his grip.

"Of course why didn't i think of that and everything with her brother, and me, and thad God forbidden ex of hers."

As he rambles on I just stand there not wanting to interject but knowing i have to. "What happened to her brother?" I ask slowly

He turns and inhales sharply "Her brother was killed in Iraq a few years back, and today is the anniversary, also a year after is the day we met. She was crying in the hallway all brusied and beat up. So i set down and talked with her"

He turns his back to me "Vic, you saved her life." he says slowly and its like a blow to the stomach no wonder she flipped on me today. God I'm such an idiot she didn't want me seeing her scars.

Damn it, Damn it, Damn it. I clinch my fists into a hard ball and shut my eyes. "When did she stop cutting?" I ask slowly and scared for the answer.

"She hasn't" He says under his breath as he pushes past me and shoulder checks me.

Riley's POV

I hear my door slam and by instict i jump, causing me to come a few inches off the ground and  place my hand over my heart to slow my breath.

Zach walks in and grabs a cup as he is walking over to the sink. "Is everything all right?" i ask slowly

He drops the cup in my sink thankfully its plastic, and he turns to me with regret clear in his eyes. "What? Zach I swear to God if you dont telling me whats going on" I say through clenched teeth.

"It slipped out Ry im sorry i didn't mean to" My heart drops to the pit of me stomach "Zach what did you tell him?" i ask with blurry vision due to tears.

When he doesn't respond I already know, I start to cry and shake my head "No, no, no, please Zach tell me you didn't." He turns his head to the side and i can see the tears streaking his cheeks

"Damnit Zach i thought i could trust you. How could you? You know what happened. What about that night at the lake. You promised " I whisper and run out of the apartment and grab my keys.

Taking the back stairs two at a time, as I reach the bottom I run out into the cold October night and climb into my Jeep. All i can think is I don't know were im going but i have to get away from here.

Zach's POV

She just ran out and I'm not sure were she went but i have a pretty good clue. I grab my keys and dial her number again.

Vic walks out of the bathroom and I glance at him and walk out of the door. He follows shortly behind me yelling questions.

I stop in the middle of the hallway and he runs into me " Would you shut the fuck up, I'm trying to figure out were she went" I yell and he ubruptly stops talking "She left?" he asks

I take a deep breathe and walk out to my truck "When we get there just stay in the truck okay?" he nods slowly and i pull out of the parking lot.

30 Minutes later...

We pull onto a dirt road and I jump out of the truck leaving Vic behind, now i just have to go find her. I get out of the truck and i see her little figure setting of the lakes edge picking at the grass listening to music out loud.

I walk over and set down next to her, she is crying so much and i feel like the worst person in the world.

she doesn't even look at me when she lays her head on my shoulder. "Remember that night when we came out here and i thought the bunny was a mountain lion or something"

I smile as she laughs lightly. I put my arm around her and she starts to cry "Shh I know Ry I know" She looks up at me and I can see her gray eyes in my lights from my truck.

"Why me Zach? Why me?" She says softly "I don't get it" i look at her "You are the most beautiful, smart, funny, and kindest person I know. I don't know why you got stuck with this sucky life but you did and I will push through with you on on condition"

she laughs and looks up at me "What" i smile "Stop pushing me away" She shakes her head up and down "You're still asshole in my phone tho"

I laugh "Alright, lets get you home before you freeze."

"hey Zach" she says as i am standing up. I turn to her and grab her hand as I pull her up "Yes" I say "Thank you" I nod and start to walk up the dirt pathway behind her.

Vic jumps out of the car and asks if she is okay, she nod and starts to walk to her jeep "Ry do you want to ride with us" She shakes her head "no the drive will be good for me" She smile and climbs into her jeep.

I think I might be falling in love with her. What NO I can't she will hate me forever, I'll just have to stay quiet.