chapter 3

After his little experience in surfing with leaves, Zak had landed on the ground safely. This was truly overwhelming for both himself and Cherry. This had to be some kind of dream. It just had to be. There couldn't be any other logical explanation. Batty was still carrying Cherry as they were looking for Zak with Crysta. They looked high and low, but still couldn't find him. 

"Which way do you think he went?" Crysta wondered out loud.

"Hmm," Batty paused for a moment, then pointed with the foot he was carrying Cherry in. "That way, maybe!"

There was then loud, frightened screaming.

"Keep it down, you'll be down in a-" Batty glanced down, noticing he had dropped Cherry. "Whoospie!"

"Batty!" Crysta glared at him.

"Hey, it's not my fault....That much!" Batty defended.

Cherry continued to scream as she fell, terrified she was going to drop and then die. Cherry crashed and ripped through a few leaves and landed gently on her butt in the middle of the forest. She looked around and saw Zak. "Hey, there you are!" 

"Yeah, you okay?" Zak walked over to her. "Gee, you get hurt a lot."

"Oh, it's no big deal." Cherry stood up, dusting herself clean.

There was then hissing behind them. Cherry shuddered and turned back, shaking a bit. "Please don't be a snake, crocodile or something bigger and hungrier than me!"

"Stay back, Cherry." Zak took Cherry gently and placed her behind himself to protect the both of them.

There was a rustling in the bushes. It wasn't a snake or a dangerous crocodile. It was an iguana and he looked very, very hungry. He was eying Cherry and Zak specifically of course to be his prey. He was some type of dangerous looking lizard and he kept getting closer and closer to the humans.

"Stay back!" Cherry cried. "I know a friend that's a black belt in karate!"

The reptile towered over the humans and licked Cherry's face. He then licked his lips, feeling satisfied. "Ooh, you'll do nicely... I hit the jackpot." he had a deep, raspy voice.

"Hey, you can't eat us!" Zak protested.

"Oh, but I can." the iguana smirked, coming closer toward him. "If I'm gonna eat someone, it might as well be you two."

Cherry and Zak shivered. They then looked at each other, nodded and proceeeded to run for their lives before they would be eaten alive. The iguana kept chasing them and was nearly everywhere they would turn and look. It seemed like there was no way out and they were trapped. If only someone knew they were there, if only someone could help them, but it just looks like they're going to be iguana chow as their final fate. Who knew it would end like this? The iguana came closer as Cherry was running out of energy and tripped. 

"Go on without me!" Cherry called, weakly.

"Okay!" Zak said, then ran farther away.

"I was just being," Cherry looked up, feeling her face pale. "Dramatic!"

"Well hello there, my little snack." the iguana smirked, then grabbed Cherry. "I hope you taste as good as you look, little chubby and adorable!"

"I am not chubby! I weigh a lot less than I used to!" Cherry snarled.

"Ooh, fiesty, I wonder if that's the spicy filling." the iguana dnagled her over his mouth, then dropped her and swallowed her. He rubbed his belly and looked around for Zak. 

Zak kept running. He was nearly doomed, but then he ran into Crysta. "Oh, hi!" he smiled.

"Oh, are you alright?" Crysta asked, sounding concerned.