Wait and see

After I washed the car I drove down to the general store. This town was small and it was easy to find my way around without a map.

When I walked in the store I smelled something fantastic. I couldn't make out the scent but I knew it was something good. Maybe food or something.

I grabbed a cart and pushed it down the isle.

"What should we have for dinner?" I mumbled to myself.

There was pasta for lasagna so I grabbed that along with some veggies and ground beef. I grabbed a gallon of juice and a cookie cake before going up to the front of the store.

The smell got stronger as I got towards the front of the store. I almost dropped to the floor when I seen his face.

It was absolute perfection. His hair was swooshed up in a small Pompadour, his eyes were the perfect color Jade green, his nose was small and his lips were small pink and plump but still masculine. He was buff but not overly but, just the right size of muscle. He looked like he was in his early twenties maybe.

I was forced out of my staring when someone bumped into me.

He chuckled and waved at me. I blushed and waved back before walking up to his line. He scanned a loaf of bread from the person in front of me but he wasn't paying attention and dropped it. I giggled and looked down.

"Next." He called.

"I-um hi." I said shyly.

"I'm Noah. I get off at five, maybe we can hang out." He said as he scanned my food. I blinked and looked around.

"M-m-me?" I asked.

"Yes, you short stuff." He said with a smile.

My heart began beating so quickly I thought it might burst out of my chest. He touched my face and I jumped. It felt like a billion tiny bolts electricity, it was amazing.

"Um okay. My name is Royale." I said. My face was so hot I could barely stand it.

"You're beautiful." He said. I giggled and looked up at him.

"Thanks."

Once he was done bagging my stuff I paid and he grabbed the receipt. He wrote something down on it and smiled.

"I'll see you later." He said. I smiled and grabbed my bags before leaving out.

"He's so cute." I said once I was in the truck.

I looked at the receipt and in his neat handwriting it said Noah (503-834-2573) call me and I'll pick you up :) (a/n not a real number)

I almost passed out. A cute guy talked to me and he touched my face I can't wait to tell Grandma about this. I wonder if she knows him.

I was smiling my entire drive to the farm. Something in me wanted to turn back and go to him and I'm not exactly sure what it was.

Mr. Miller was sitting on his front porch when I drove up. I thought it could only be him because it's the Miller's farm. I hopped out and walked towards him.

"Hi are you Mr. Miller?" I asked. He smiled and stood up.

"Yes I am. You must be Royale, Jacob's grandbaby." He said. I smiled and nodded.

"Yes I am. I'm supposed to pick up something for him today." I said before looking around at all of the crops.

"Well come on in. She's already got her bow on." He said.

"She?" I asked.

"Yes it's a gift from your grandparents to you. I also breed animals here and they wanted you to have something special." He explained as he led me in the backyard. There was a brown stable and I was instantly excited. A gift? For me?

"What is it?" I asked.

"Come in here and you'll see." He said. I hesitantly walked closer then gasped.

"A puppy!" I squealed.

I've never had a pet before. It was so cute. She was so small and her fur was light brown her eyes were an even lighter brown.

"They said you're responsible and you deserve it. She's the runt so she might not make it." He said carelessly.

"Runts are strong. They may be small but they're the best." I said quietly as I held onto my new puppy.

"That's true. What are you gonna name her?" He asked.

"I don't know yet. I'll just wait and see." I said with a smile.

█ ▓ █ ▓ █ ▓ █ ▓ █ ▓ █ ▓ █ ▓ █

Sorry it took so long.

SHARE

FOLLOW

COMMENT

VOTE