The perfect mate

I called Noah and gave him the directions to my grandparents house. He already knew where it was though.

When I heard the doorbell ring I smiled and ran downstairs but grandpa was already there.

"Why hello Noah. How are you?" He asked as he led him in the house.

"I'm doing great I'm here to pick up Royale, sir." He said.

I slowly walked down the last few steps and they both turned towards me making my entire face match my hair color.

"Hi." I said softly.

"Hi. You have a dog?" Noah asked. I nodded and held her out to him. She's the cutest smallest puppy I've even seen.

"Yeah. I just got her today." I explained as Noah rubbed her back.

"What's her name?" He asked.

"Well I wasn't sure. I wanted to name her something nice and I was thinking Hope because she the runt." I explained. I was going to name her Runt but I thought that would be mean.

"That's a great name, Royale." My grandpa said.

I blinked and looked up at him. When did he get here? I was so focused on Noah I had forgotten that my grandpa was here the whole time.

"Um thank you, grandpa, and thank you for giving her to me she's the best." I said.

When I bought her home she crawled under the bed and took a nap. I watched her and decided to put a pillow down there for her bed.

"Well you two better get going. Don't stay out too late." My grandpa said. I nodded and watched as he gently grabbed Hope from Noah. I really wanted to take her with us.

"Bye grandpa." I said with a smile.

Once we were out in his car I smiled.

"Do you like the car?" He asked. I loved it.

"I've only seen cars like this on TV." I said in awe as I put my seatbelt on.

"Well the Alpha usually gets the best things." He said. My heart dropped and I looked at him.

"A-alpha?" I asked. He wouldn't want to be friends with a runt.

"Yeah. What's wrong?" He asked.

"It's just that. Um.. I'm a runt." I whispered. He smiled and lightly pulled my braid.

"So?" He said. He watched the road but glanced at me.

"I'm nothing to you." I said seriously.

He slammed on the breaks making me quickly jolt forward.

"A runt is the strongest wolf in the pack. They take everyone and their shit! They may be physically weak and small but that doesn't matter! You're everything to me, you're my mate." He said loudly.

I looked at him as his eyes went from grey to jade green again. He smiled at me and moved closer. I didn't know what to do so I backed away against the door. He seemed a bit shocked then moved back.

"Mate?" I asked quietly. He's my mate? An Alpha?

"You don't feel it?" He asked. He touched my arm and I felt the same thing I felt in the store earlier.

"I didn't know. I was told that I didn't have a mate." I whispered as I looked at him hand on my arm.

"Well we're mates. You're stuck with me." He said with a smile. I smiled too and grabbed his hand.

"I guess you're stuck with me too." I replied quietly.

Who knew I'd ever get a mate?

✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽✽

School and basketball tryouts that's all I have to say. I apologize.

SHARE

FOLLOW

COMMENT

VOTE