Filling in the Gaps.

"So let me get this straight The night before Gwen's wedding, some creature bit her on the arm, implanted an egg in her, and she became pregnant, like full on pregnant?" I asked.

"Yes. That's pretty much it. Oh and need I say it was also a shapeshifter as well." Captain Jack Harkness said.

"Those are always fun." I said sarcastically. "And there were aliens that wanted to take ten percent of all of the children in the world?"

"Yes." He said.

"And we actually rounded up ten percent of the children of the world?" I asked.

"Yes." He said again, this time sounding a little annoyed.

"And you got to see your brother?" I asked.

"Let's not get into that right now." He said.

"Okay fine. What are we doing?" I asked as we were just booting up the computers in our rinky little apartment.

"Researching." Captain Jack Harkness said.

"Researching for what?"

"Anything that might explain why Torchwood doesn't come up in any search engine." He said.

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm saying that when you type in Torchwood into the computer, nothing comes up. It's just gone. Wiped from existance."

"I feel like there is something you are not telling me Jack." I said.

"I don't have the slightest idea what is even goin on." He said.

I felt like something else was going on. For Jack to not even know what was going on, was beyond me. I have to wonder though, is there a connection between what is happening now to why I jumped in time. What really happened during that year and a half I was gone? Why is Torchwood now all of a sudden non existant? I want to get to the bottom of what's going on.

"Where do we start?"

"I don't know. Just start doing something productive." This time he sounded really annoyed.

"Okay." I said. I started typing away at the computer. I had files in front of me of people in high positions around the world. I would start looking at how these people were connected, then I would see how much of a risk they would be to us, and if they are deemed not a threat they were thrown out of the pile of suspects. I felt like I had been doing the job for a few minutes, but when I looked at my watch, it had been at least two, almost three hours. I dug around a little bit more. I looked up major events of 2010. I missed the end of the first ever decade of the twenty-first century!

Looking at what I missed made me depressed, so I decided to take a different route, and looked up Aliens. I figured we had a few run ins with them, so why not look up to see what some of these beasts can do. What I discovered was amazing. I read up on the Aliens that wanted to take the children as ways to make themselves "happy". Fairies. Yes Fairies, not the small, cute, winged creatures that we think of. No these faries are ruthless. They will do anything to protect their chosen one, including killing innocent people. The Slitheen, a family of Aliens who take up high ranking positions in the UK, and I guess eat people? Gross. Other weird beings popped up while looking on Torchwood's data bases, Robots called Cybermen- I guess they took out your brain, and your heart out while you are awake and put them into a Cyberman machine, and that's how you become a Cyberman. Daleks- They sounded the worst of them all. Basically indestructable. They are the oddest looking things out there. What looks like a plunger and a whisk as arms (that is just on the outside), "Woo Hoo! You are going to destory me with your wisk and plunger, I am so scared right now." And, I guess they can't feel any emotion. What kind of creature is that? I think I may or may not have heard the Doctor and Jack talk about them. I guess they say "Exterminate!" all the time.

"Katie, what are you doing?" Captain Jack Harkness asked me. I looked down at my screen and it was completely filled with tabs of searches of different lifeforms, aliens, government conspiracies, people of interest.

"I guess I got a little carried away. I'm trying to peice together whatever this is, without even knowing what is really going on. I can't just start looking up something without knowing a little basic knowledge first. I need to know what happened while I was gone."

"I can't tell you a lot of what happened Katie."

"Why not?"

"I just can't."

"Tell me what happened!" I shouted.

"It's about your brothers."

"This has to do with my brothers!"

"Not necessarily." He said.

"Then tell me what happened to my brothers!" By this time I was livid, but worried at the same time. What happened to my brothers?

"I contacted them when I realized that you didn't come back, two weeks after you and the Doctor left. We carried on like normal, but we still waited and waited for you to return. We were all frightened that something bad had happened to you. About a month after you left, I called them to tell them that you were actually missing. They wanted to come to Cardiff to see us, but I told them that they couldn't. So I flew over to your house, and brought over your things that you left in the room at Torchwood."

"Thank you Jack." I felt a sigh of relief when I found out that they were okay, and not caught up in some government charade.

"No problem. Even though I broke many Torchwood proticals just to do this for you." He said.

"You are the best boss/captain ever." I said. "So is there anything else I need to know before I go take a nice long break?"

"Nothing else."

"Okay. I'm trusting you on this one." I said, as I walked into the kitchen to get myself something to eat, as I was snatched up and was staring to be taken away out of a broken window. I screamed, yelled, kicked and screamed some more, but that didn't do me any good. I saw Jack comming into the kitchen to try to stop the person who was trying to take me, but was knocked out cold in the process by another man.

I was thrown out of the window and was catched by a bunch of men, who then placed me in the back of a van. The van sped off shortly after. I heard them talking about Torchwood, and how it needed to be destroyed. I sat there pretending I wasn't paying any attention, when I felt a sharp shooting pain in my neck, and passed out.