Tests.

"This won't hurt a bit." Owen said in a reassuring voice as he stuck a needle in my arm to draw blood.

"Liar." I said. I don't like needles, so sarcasm is my happy place.

"Don't be a big baby." Owen said. "Here you go. All done with that." He wrapped my arm with medical tape. "Here, drink some water."

After drinking some water, I rested for a few minutes. A little dizzy from the blood draw. I ate a few crackers while Owen was explaining the next test.

"This next test is your eyesight. We have your typical eye chart on the wall. But then I have a few other machines to look at your eyes."

"Shouldn't be any problem. I regularly am told I have 20/20 vision." I said.

"We will see." Owen said. "Now read that bottom line for me over there."

I looked at it. It was small but, I had to concentrate on what I was looking at. "B, N, C. Uh... I can't tell if that is an O or a Q. Z, I, K, G?" This wasn't normal. I can usually read that line just fine. Was it because I was a little tired?

"You got about half of it correct. I may need to do a few extra tests on your eyes. It may be possible that you are a little tired. That could have a big impact on your vision. To be safe. I will continue your eye exam tomorrow morning."

"I'm not all that surprised. Most of my family is near sighted. But the only prescription glasses I have are for reading."

"As I said maybe it is because you are tired. There is one more test I have to do." Owen said.

"What is that?" I asked.

"Your knee. Jack wants me to look at it. I need you to roll up your pant leg up so I can see the knee." Owen said.

I rolled up my pant leg. My knee was red, and looked a little swolen. It did hurt, especially to walk.

"Here you go." I said.

"Okay, does it hurt to bend your knee?"

"Yes."

"What about if I tap it?"

"Yes."

"Hmm..." He said. He thought about it for a little bit. Walked around the open room where Jack was staring down watching the exam. "Well, it looks as if it is inflamed. You might need a knee brace for it. I would recomend not putting a lot of pressure on it. Don't do a lot of physical things. Let me get something to wrap your knee with for now. Tomorrow I will bring you a knee brace, and something to help with the pain."

"What is she going to do in the meantime?" Captain Jack Harkness asked.

"She could help me out in the kitchen." Ianto said.

"I am a good cook." I said.

"Good. I could use some help from time to time." Ianto said.

"I almost forgot about some of the physical tests I need to do for you. But since you are hurt. I won't make you do it until you are healed." Owen said.

"We also need to go to her Aunt and Uncle's house to see what's up with them. We can go when everyone gets here tomorrow." Captain Jack Harkness said.

"Got it. I will be getting there a little late tomorrow, running a few errands." Owen said.

"Don't worry about it." Captain Jack Harkness said. "Right now, we need to get you situated for the night. Ianto help me with the bags please."

"Be right there." Ianto said.

"I am leaving. Goodnight to all of you. See you in the morning." Owen said as he headed out of the entryway. into Torchwood.

"My God. How much do you need for a vacation?" Ianto asked.

"It's better to be prepaired, right?" I asked.

"I guess." Ianto said.

"Here is our spare room. It's small, bare, but I think it should be fine. Over there is a bathroom. Lightswitch is here. Plenty of light to read." Captain Jack Harkness said. "I'll leave you too it. See you in the morning."

"Thanks again Jack for everything. I really do mean it." I said.

"I know. Goodnight Katie." Captain Jack Harkness said. He shut the door behind him.