The Decision

"Two more day's till Christmas" Mrs. Henry said while Jasmine was shoveling her driveway.

"Are you excited?" Jasmine asked, finishing up the driveway.

"Very, the grandchildren are coming" she said smiling "thanks for shoveling for me".

"No problem" Mrs. Henry handed her five dollars and bid her farewell. Jasmine sighed. Still wasn't enough money for the headphones. While walking to meet up with Andrew, she stumbled by a wig shop in the window a big sign that read:

Locks of Love

Need cash? Sell your locks and give a needy child a great set of hair for Christmas!

Jasmine continued to walk and met up with Andrew.

"Andrew?" Jasmine asked walking with her boyfriend.

"Yes baby?" he said.

"What would you say if I shaved my head?" she asked. He chuckled.

"I'd say you're insane!" he said "It's the middle of winter!"

"Would you still love me?" she asked curiously.

"Of course" he said kissing her "nothing in this world would change my love for you!"

"I love you so much" she said, bear hugging him. He giggled and hugged her back.

"I love you too honey".

♠♠♠

At dinner, Jasmine sat thinking,

"How much did Mrs. Henry give you?" her father asked.

"Only five dollars" she said sadly "can I ask you something dad?"

"Sure sweetie" he said "ask away!"

"Did you ever have to give up something you really love?"

"Yes actually" he said "years ago I had this amazing gold watch that I loved so much, but I sold it for an engagement ring for your mother".

"Were you sad? She asked curiously.

"A little" he answered "but for love you have to make sacrifices, and I love your mother a lot more then a watch". At the moment, Jasmine knew what she needed to do. She loved Andrew a lot more then her hair. After dinner she combed her long beautiful brown hair. Knowing that she wasn't going to have it long made her a little sad. She climbed in her bed and said "Pleas God, let me have enough for those head phones" then fell asleep.

◦◦◦

The next morning Jasmine combed her long hair for the last time.

"It's Christmas Eve" she thought "I need to hurry". She got dressed and ran down to the wig shop.

"I'd like to sell my hair" she said anxiously to the store clerk.

"Ok" she said smiling "right this way". Jasmine followed her to the back where she was instructed to sit on a barber's chair. Jasmine was nervous, but her thoughts were all of Andrew. "We can take off twelve inches that would leave your hair up to here" she said pointing at a spot directly under Jasmines ear.

"Ok" Jasmine said hesitantly. The sight of the scissors made Jasmines stomach twirl. She shut her eyes.

"That's it" the store clerk said, stuffing Jasmines hair in a bag. Jasmine opened her eyes. She didn't have long hair to comb anymore. The store clerk smiled.

"You look very pretty" she said handing Jasmine 15 dollars "Happy holidays". A smile came to Jasmines face.

"Twenty dollars and forty-six cents" she thought to herself. Wasting no time she ran straight to the music shop.

"I got the head phones" Jasmine said excitedly to her dad.

"You sold your hair?" he asked.

"Yes, sometimes you have to make sacrifices" she said. Her dad smiled and hugged her.

"You look gorgeous". She hugged him back and wrapped her gift.

After dinner Jasmine looked at her new hair in the mirror.

"What would Andrew think?" Throwing herself on the bed she whispered "Please God, make him think I am still pretty".