Chapter Two

I woke up to the blaring sound of my alarm. I moaned and tried to get out of bed. It didn't work. I ended up just rolling off the bed and thumping on the floor. I flipped open the suitcase with all of my clothes in it. Most of all my clothes were high waisted jeans, flannel shirts, and baggy sweatshirts. I found a sweatshirt that was slightly less baggy than the others and it looked amazing with my high waisted jeans.

I trudged into the bathroom and saw the purple bags that loomed under my eyes. I went back into my room and drug my hair and makeup bags into the bathroom. I straightened my squirrel's tail of a lions mane, so it actually looked presentable. I covered my face in liquid foundation and concealer to cover up my ugly face and then left the house. I couldn't wait until I got a car. Then I could drive myself to school instead of walking.

I trudged along the side of the road for what seemed like hours, but actually, my new school wasn't that far away from my new residence. 

I came into sight of my new high school. I saw the beautiful campus and my expectations were raised. I was walking on a path that overlooked the football field. I walked into the main entrance of the school and went to the main office. When I walked in, a lady with dark brown hair and red reading glasses handed me two pieces of paper and a card.

"You're Emily Allen, right?" the woman asked, still looking at her computer.

"Yes, thanks," I said. Wow, welcoming community, I thought to myself. I trailed out of the main office along with all the other transfers from different schools.

The first paper the lady, who I assume was the secretary, handed me had a couple of numbers on it. It was my locker number and locker combination. The second was my daily schedule. In this school, there were seven classes per day. I decided to try and find my locker. When I came across locker 198, which was mine, I attempted to open it. I got it open on the first try, thank god. A few seconds later, I got really distracted to Tristan walking down the hallway.

He didn't stop to talk to me. I didn't want him to talk to me. I noticed that Tristan was wearing a maroon and gold varsity letterman jacket. It had a large E on the chest for Enumclaw High School. We were only freshmen and my "friend" was on the varsity football team. The hooligans laughing and jumping around him, locked him from seeing me. That was a good thing. I saw a couple of Tristan's buddied sizing me up as they passed.

"Hey, the new girl is pretty hot," one of them said, pointing back to me. I was so embarrassed. I saw that Tristan turned his head to see who his other friend was talking about. He saw me and I quickly hustled away to my first class.

My first class was Phys Ed. I walked in and two maroon gym shirts were tossed out to every student.

"Go put them on, and in separate bathrooms," the Phys Ed teacher yelled. I forgot that all Phys Ed teachers were also sex education teachers. I put mine on and quickly braided my long brunette hair into two messy dutch braids in two minutes. I'd had a lot of practice.

I walked back into the gym and I saw Tristan. Apparently, he was in my first period. He waved at me and smiled. I saw a couple of people stare. I darted my eyes away. I wouldn't want to ruin his reputation.

"Alright listen to my directions! We're going to do stretches now," the gym teacher said. She led us through stretches. "Now, guys and girls both, go down into the splits as far as you can, stay there for a minute or so." 

This wasn't a problem for me. I was a cheerleader at my old school, so I can twist all around, bend over backward, and then some. At this school, you had to be invited by the Phys Ed teacher or the cheerleading coach to even try out for the squad. I stood up and slid my back leg back into the 180-degree split. Everyone stared at me with their legs straight and awkward. The Phys Ed teacher walked over to me as I sat 180 degrees flat on the ground.