Chapter 12

I fell out of the fireplace and into the drawing room. Yes, I fell.

Dad laughed. Sigh

I felt a shadow fall over me and I looked up. I saw Harry standing over me, trying to hide a laugh and holding a hand out to me. I pushed myself up onto my knees and grabbed his hand.

I stuck my tongue out at Harry and Dad, and that sent both of them over they laughed. I honestly didn’t get why they found it so funny. I growled in frustration and walked out of the room and into the kitchen. Becca was sitting at the table, and she jumped up when she spotted me.

“Bailey!” She exclaimed. “What happened? Where’s Sirius? Is everything okay?”

I sighed before answering. “Calm down, Becca. Dad is fine, he’s in the drawing room, laughing his bum off.”

“Why is he laughing?” She asked, her head tilting to the side.

“I fell out of the fireplace.” I explained. Becca just rolled her eyes.

Remus entered the room, shaking his head.

“Remus! What happened?” Becca asked.

“Sometimes I can’t see why Bailey and Sirius are related.” He sighed.

“Not about them laughing. I don’t care about that!” Becca said exasperatedly. “I meant for the trial!”

“Oh, ask Bailey.” He said, sitting down at the table.

“Why?”

“She became a lawyer. It was brilliant!” Harry walked in, a smile still on his face, but not laughing anymore.

“It wasn’t that good.” I said, sitting down. “I just protect those I love.” I heard Becca “aw” at me. “Now leave me alone,” I put my head on the table. “I’m exhausted.”

∞*∞

I woke up in my bed what seemed like hours later.

How’d I get up here? Oh, I miss that. I actually got carried up again. It’s been years.

I laid still, not wanting to move because that would be revealing I’m awake, and I really didn’t want to be.

A thousand thoughts came rushing into my head.

What if he isn’t released?

He has to be! You have enough evidence! They’d be stupid not to release him.

But they are stupid.

Oh…. Right…

What’s going to happen if no one takes even pity on us?

What do you mean?

Like… What if they decide he’s still guilty and give him the Dementor’s Kiss?

Calm down. It’s not going to happen! There’s too much evidence against Pettigrew for Dad to be guilty. Now stop thinking about it.

How can I not?

Because I hear someone coming up the stairs.

I just realized I was arguing with myself.

The door opened and my eyes slowly looked toward it.

Becca stood in the door-way. “Morning, sleepy-head!”

“How long have I been asleep?” I croaked.

“About 2 hours.” She replied. She walked over and sat on my bed. “Remus told the great story about how you defended Sirius.”

“It wasn’t that amazing. It was instinct.” I said.

“The defending or the love?” She asked. That left me speechless. Becca scoffed at me. “Bails, I honestly think you should become a wizard-lawyer, or whatever it’s called.”

I rolled my eyes and changed the subject.

“So did you talk to Dad about the “dad” thing?” I asked.

“Nice way to change the subject.” Becca said sarcastically. “And no, I haven’t. I don’t know how to approach it.”

“Well, c’mon then.” I jumped off my bed and grabbed Becca’s hand, pulling her out the door and down the stairs with me, she protesting all the time.

“Bailey! Let go! What are you doing? Where are we going?”

“To answer your questions, No, pulling you, and to my dad.”

She mumbled something that sounded a lot like “smartass.”

I ignored her and she stopped fighting back when she realized I wasn’t letting her go. I wondered through the kitchen, saying a hello to Remus and bumping into Harry near the stairs.

“Oi, if you’re looking for Sirius, he’s in the backyard!” Harry called to us as we moved in and out of the Drawing room.”

“Thank you!” I called back, heading for the back of the house.

“Bailey, I don’t think I can do this!” Becca said as I continued dragging her.

“To talk to my dad.” I replied.

∞*∞

A/N: SO MUCH DIALOUGE!

BUT MY WRITER’S BLOCK IS GONE!

I’ll be updating more often! BYE!!!!