The Unexpected Happens

[AN] Hello, I have changed this chapter completely simply because I disliked how it went before. I think this one is a lot better though as it goes on for longer and everything doesn't happen so quickly. Sorry and thank you for understanding

:)

~.~.~

The door opened slowly and a girls face poked through slightly.

"Who are ya?" she asked with a thick cockney accent. I recognised that voice from somewhere but Jay shook me from my thoughts.

"Uh... Jay and Ella," he said nervously. She looked around for a second, looking a bit confused before opening the door and nodding.

"Briefcase told me you two was comin'," she said lazily. She looked at me nastily, stepping aside. As we edged in, me behind Jay, I looked at the girl and suddenly realised it was Carmen; the girl I shouted at. How could Will have invited us here? He knew it had happened and I wasn't happy about it. I suppose for the night I would just have to deal with it and avoid her for the whole night. As we had walked into the hall way and past her she shut the door and walked off into a room, leaving us alone. There was bassy loud music playing through the house. We both hung our coats up on the banister and I turned to Jay. I swallowed heavily. He stared back.

"Is that... Carmen?" he asked quietly. I nodded.

"It's fine - I just have to avoid her," I replied. "I don't want to cause any trouble." Jay nodded in understandment but looked a bit frightened himself. I just smiled and he suddenly took my hand which made me blush. It was kind of dark though so I don't think he saw.

He pulled me down the hallway like he knew where he was going.

"Do you know where we're going?" I asked, a little out of breath. The hallway was quite long.

"Not really," he said, which made me laugh. He turned and smiled before walking into a room. The room was full of people dancing. It was like a real night club. The rainbow lights that were flashing where extremely bright, strobes darting in all directions. It was pitch black everywhere else. I have to admit, it was incredible.

Jay turned to me and his eyes widened.

"Just look at all the clunge!" he yelled over the music. I stared back in shock but started to laugh. It was so typical of him to say something like that. "This is sick. Well cool. Wanna dance?" I nodded, feeling excited. We where in a small lounge but it felt like a massive party that everyone in school was at. Jay gently pulled me through, into the crowd. We didn't have to start dancing, the music just made us as we got pushed around slightly.

I laughed, swishing my hair around and felt a huge rush of happiness run through me. The song was Sky Full Of Stars by Coldplay and I actually loved this song. Jay pulled me closer to him and he didn't let me go. We danced around together, smiling. I put my hands on his shoulders. We had only been here for 5 minutes and were already having an amazing time.

"I think I saw youuu!" Jay sung along, out of tune. I laughed uncontrollably, throwing my head back. He laughed too. We looked at eachother for a moment, laughing still. I was about to hug Jay closer, but I suddenly got pushed really hard and yelled, being released from Jay's grip. I felt his hand trying to hold onto mine tight, but I fell hard onto the floor and hit my head. What was happening?

Someone kicked my leg and I was practically being danced on. I scrambled to get up and managed it, separating myself from the crowd. As I grabbed onto what felt like a chair and sat down, I looked around but couldn't see Jay. He was probably still being moshed around. Smiling, I soon let the pain soothe off as I managed to catch my breath again. I stood up slowly, and left to try and find the kitchen. I knew Jay would be fine. He'd find me soon enough.

I slowly trudged my way through the hallway, past a few people that where standing and drinking. Watching them drink made me thirsty, so I walked towards the room that looked like the kitchen. When I walked in I saw Simon sitting on the counter, talking to Neil. They both smiled when they saw me.

"Hey," said Simon. I walked over and hugged them both. Neil was particularly huggy and when I pulled away he leaned towards my face.

"Woah," I said, shoving him. "Is he drunk?" The question was directed at Simon but Neil laughed and shook his head. Me and Simon exchanged looks. He poured me a glass of wine. I stared as he poured it, my mouth extremely dry.

"What? You want orange juice or something?" he said, teasing me. I fake-laughed and took it, sipping it carefully. I knew Neil was staring at me and I tried to ignore it, but he suddenly poked my face. I looked at him.

"I... Love you," he said, his voice slurred. I just turned to Simon, trying to ignore him. It was kind of creepy.

"So, where's Jay?" Simon asked.

"I don't even know," I said. I wasn't completely lying. I knew he was in the lounge but I had lost him. I suddenly felt bad for leaving him. We where probably worried about eachother. I mean, I'd fallen over and completely disappeared. Shaking the thoughts off, I looked at Simon again, who was frowning at me.

"What? Did he even come here?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said, "we where dancing together. I fell over and kind of left him in the crowd. I thought he'd be okay, y'no? It's Jay. He's probably snogging someone already." Oddly, this thought caused a feeling in the pit of my stomach. I didn't know what it was but I didn't like it. I didn't like picturing someone else with Jay. I've never thought that way before.

Just as I was thinking about this, a voice broke me from the day dream.

"Oh, you gotta come see this!" I turned around and Simon looked behind me. Neil just laughed at him. It was just a random guy with black hair. "Some guy is bein' well sick in Carmen's pond! C'mon!" He darted out of the room quickly, leaving us there. Me and Simon shrugged at eachother, going in the direction he had gone in. Just before we left, I turned to Neil who was standing there, staring at the wall.

"You coming, Neil?" I said. He just shook his head and laid down on the floor, shutting his eyes. I shook my head too and smiled, following Simon through some more hallway. He opened a door which led us to the cold dark garden. There where fairy lights scattered in the trees and I heard laughing coming from further down the garden.

"Lets go," said Simon, leading the way. We both walked down the path until we where with a crowd of people laughing and pointing. There was a guy leaning over the pond, wiping his mouth. I cringed, watching him struggle. As he stood up carefully I went over to hold his arm so he could keep balance.

"Thanks Ella," he said. Oh my god! It was Will!

"Will?" I said quietly. "What happened? Are you alright?" He looked at me with an ashamed look on his face. I helped him walk over to Simon who was smiling. Everyone was pretty much bored now so they walked off, leaving just us three.

"Oh, mate! You are well hammered!" Simon laughed. Will just rolled his eyes.

"I know," he said. "And I've only been here about 2 hours." I laughed too.

"God, I think we should all go inside now," I suggested. They agreed so we all trudged indoors, ready to find a spot to chill out.

As we walked into the house again, I suddenly remembered Jay was still no where to be seen.