Chapter 40

Demi's POV

Losing someone whom you love has to be the worst feeling that anyone has to go through. There are no words to put together the pain, the loneliness, the sadness and anger that you feel within you, there are just none to comprehend such a feeling and losing her has made me feel like that.

She was my everything, my best friend, my love, my everything.. And all it took was a split second for it to all be taken away from me, for it all to be over.

No wonder why people say that when they lose the love of their life there is a hole in their heart because right now that's what there is in mine, a hole, because my other half is now gone.

Hand in hand I held Sky's hand as we walked to the cemetery, family and friends were gathered around sending me their love and apologises for the loss. But why? Why are they saying sorry when this was all my fault, this was entirely my fault and till the day I die I will never forget it. That day will be permanently stuck to my brain and wherever I go, whatever I do it will be haunting me in the back of my head and reminding me what I did.

Picking up Sky in my arms so she was facing the opposite direction they put her coffin down under the ground where she could rest in peace. I felt Sky's tears soaking my dress and I lightly kissed her head as my tears kept coming and coming and I was scared that they'd never stop..

"Demi we're going back to our place if you want us to take Sky," my mom said softly.

Nodding I handed her my baby girl and kissed her cheek, "I love you Sky," I whispered in her ear, "I love you too," she whispered back.

I watched as everyone slowly started to leave and soon it was only me left sitting there next to her grave.

"I can't believe it," I said aloud.

"I can't believe that you left us so young all due to me," Now the tears were freely falling and I couldn't care who saw me now.

"I love you, we were meant to spend the rest of our lives together, have more kids, grow old and live happily ever after. We were meant to be there for Sky's graduation and at our other kids graduations. You were meant to be here with us, laughing, living and loving but your here where you don't deserve to be, where I deserve to be,"

Stopping I couldn't talk anymore, all the emotions I've been holding in this past week are just being let out. All the words I haven't spoken, all the tears I haven't cried are coming out now.

"I can't do this without you baby, I need you here by my side, I need you baby, I need you more than anything, you are my life, my everything,"

"WHY GOD! WHY DID YOU TAKE HER AWAY FROM ME IT WASN'T HER TIME YET! IT WASN'T HER TIME!" I screamed looking up towards the sky.

"Hey Dems calm down," Marissa said coming out of nowhere and hugging me.

"She's gone and she's never coming back," I cried.

"She may not come back in real life but in your heart she will be permanently tattooed," Mar said hugging me.

"But I want her here,"

"I know you do Dems, I know you do,"

Believe me when I say that time flies too fast and they are right when they say 'that you don't know what you've got until it's gone' because I remember how your smile lit up the room and how your laugh could lift up anyone's spirit in a heartbeat and I don't think I'll ever get rid of the feeling that when I open the door you'll be there and you'll say 'well hello baby' like you always used to or that when my mom talks on the phone I'll want to ask if it's you..

***

:( :( This chapter like made me cry while writing it!

What does everyone think about this?

Vote & Comment! 💘💘