Chapter 12: Heartbreak

Tessa's POV

 I stirred in my sleep and opened my eyes slowly. I noticed I wasn't in my room but in my mom's room. I stared at the ceiling trying to remember what happened last night. I remember getting ready for  my date with Tyler. A small smile starter to form on my lips as last night's events replayed in my head.

    Everything was so perfect. Then I remembered the pain that I felt, and how good Tyler's hands felt when he ran them over my body. I remembered being in the car and them in the bathtub. 

   I sat up against the headboard. I had ruined everything. As I was thinking, my mom walked in with a tray full of food.

"You're finally awake. How do you feel?" she queried after setting the tray on the bed.

" I feel fine" she nodded and stayed silent.

"What do think happened last night" she said, handing me a plate full of pancakes.

"I don't know mom. I felt so hot and dizzy and there was also that pain."

"When I came home, I found you in your bathtub with a fever. You only had on a white shirt" she took a pause as I poured syrup on my pancakes.

" What were you guys doing before, do you remember?"  I smiled thinking of our date.

"We had a little dinner by the lake and then we went for a swim."

"Did he offer you anything to drink?"

"Yeah he did... wait but what does that have to do with anything?" 

"I think he could've drugged you"

 I stared at her in disbelief. I loved Tyler and trusted him but I just couldn't ignore my mother's theory. 

"Why do you think that?"

"You're pupils were fully dilated when I checked your eyes and you were basically moaning his name when he left"

Embarrassed, I looked down at my plate.

" Look Tessa, you're 18 so you're an adult in my eyes but that doesn't mean I'll stop looking out for you. Now last night you gave me all the signs of someone that was under the influence of some sort of stimulant. If I were you, I would stay away from him. But if you chose not to, then be very careful"

 I stayed quiet as I listened to her. For some reason, I felt angry that she thought he would hurt me. It was hard to believe, but not impossible.

  She rose from the bed and began to walk out.

"Who brought me home?" as asked since I could barely remember anything other then small flashbacks.

"He did."

I nodded at her and she walked out.

After eating breakfast, I took a warm shower. Tailah came over at 2 and we watched Teen Wolf. I went into the bathroom to wash my face. I sat on the toilet, thinking. I was looking at my phone and noticed 5 missed calls from Tyler and 3 messages. I decided to open then.

Tyler: Good morning beautiful. I hope that you feel better. I noticed that he sent this message at 10:44 this morning.

Tyler: Hey ___ at 2:19 PM

Tyler: Since we left in a hurry last night, you left your clothes.I'm on my way right now ___ at 4:53 PM. It was currently 5:01, which means he's probably almost there. This was going to be really awkward. I really haven't made up my mind about him.

 I went to the living room after replying to his message. " You good girl?" Tailah asked. 

"Yeah, Tyler is coming over to give me my clothes back."

When I didn't hear a reply, I looked at her. She was staring at me with wide eyes. I was a bit confused at first but then I realized my mistake.

"Oh we went for a swim and we had to leave because I got sick."

"Wait what do you mean you got sick. How bad was it that you had to leave in your underwear?"

"I don't know Tai. I just remember being in a lot of pain and feeling really hot."

"Mmmm" she said before the motion sensors of the house detected a presence in front of the gate. It must be him. I sighed and went up to the control room. I'm going to have to talk to mom about calling back everyone that used to work at the house.

        In the screen, I saw Tyler's car in front of the gate. I pressed the button before going back downstairs. I checked myself in the mirror before I heard a knock on the door. I took a deep breath before opening it. Tyler was standing before me with with a bouquet of tulips. He had on a maroon long sleeve shirt and his usual black jeans.

"Eyes up here princess." I heard him say. I looked up at him and bit the inside of my cheek awkwardly.

"Hey" I said as I noticed the small bag in his right hand.

"Hi" he replied with a small smile.

"These are for you."

He handed me the flowers and I took them.

"Thank you." I said, smiling at him.

"And I also brought you your clothes." 

Handing me the bag. I thanked him and stayed quiet. After what my mom had told me, I really didn't know how to act around him.

"What's wrong Tessa?" he asked with a worried look.

I didn't want to do this, but I need to figure it out by myself. 

"Look, I-I'm really sorry, but I just think that we're moving too fast here." I took a pause to look into his eyes. I could see that he was anxious. I took a deep breath before composing myself and speaking again. 

"What I'm trying to say is, we should...slow down a bit like take a break. I'm starting to think that this was a bad idea. I'm sor..."

"Wait, look I don't know what I did or said but I know I can't force you into anything. I'm gonna give you some time to think because I feel like, deep down, that's not what you want."

He was staring into my eyes. Those emerald eyes seemed to see right through me.

"I'm sorry...I-I gotta go."

"Wait wait! Tessa please." I heard him say as I closed the door. I stayed with my back against it until he stopped knocking. I felt pain in my chest as I heard his footsteps fade away.

        When I looked up from the flood, I saw Tailah standing in front of the stairs. She looked a bit confused with her arms crossed over her chest. I hadn't noticed that I was tearing up. She walked closer to me and gave me a hug when I began to sob. After crying for a few minutes she pulled away to look at me.

"What did he do?" she asked in small calm voice.

"I-I think I just ruined everything."

This chapter might not be what you guys expected, but don't worry it gets better. Thank you all for reading. Remember to vote and leave comments!