Part 2

Their dreams were of two different events in their lives, but they both led up to their current situation…

Logan was happy with a dirty blonde woman, and they were in the kitchen about to have breakfast.  She turned around from the stove with a plate of sausage, and her womb was heavily swollen with his child.  She placed the plate on the table, and then suddenly placed her hand on one side of her eight month pregnant belly.  She suddenly used her free hand to place his open palm on the area where she had hers.  He felt the baby kick against his hand and really smiled, but it soon turned into deep worry like he does every time he feels his child in her womb.  He worried that his child would be cursed just like him, and she would always tell him that what he has is a gift and he should use it to protect their child…

He awoke with a start to find himself locked alone in a cage, and with a quick swing of his claws found that he couldn’t get out of there easily.  He needed to find his daughter before they did something horrible to her, and with just a quick look around knew he was in some kind of military establishment.

Faith was seven once more, and she was stuck in bed again with the Respiratory Syncytial Virus or RSV for short.  She was propped up on some pillows so she could breathe easily, but she was burning up from the high fever.  She reached for a tissue to blow her nose, and then went into a coughing fit.  She looked up when she heard her bedroom door open, and smiled as she saw her father enter with a tray which carried a glass of water, a bowl of chicken noodle soup, and two Tylenol.  He walked over and sat the tray on her night stand, and then placed the back of his hand to her forehead checking her temperature.  He frowned slightly as he felt her hot clammy skin, and then handed her the two pills.  She took them without a word, and placed them in her mouth before she reached for the glass of water he had picked up.  She quickly took the medicine as she knew it would make her feel better soon, and when she had swallowed her dad had picked up the bowl of soup with the intent on feeding her like she was an infant once again.  She had come to the conclusion that he liked it when she got sick, because he got to feed her just to make sure she ate to get better.  As she ate she asked him if he got sick all the time when he was her age even though she knew he didn’t remember much due to an injury, and he told her that he did and one day she wouldn’t get sick anymore just like him…

She felt the fever break in her dream, and awoke with a start to find herself tied down in a tank full of cold water.  There were needles piercing her body at different points, and then suddenly her entire body felt like it had flowing molten lava inside.  She released a blood curling scream, and began thrashing just as the movement of flowing lava stopped and managed to crack the tank enough to cause it to bust open letting the now steaming water splash all over the floor.  Her screams could now be clearly heard, and just as she broke free of her bonds she stood up with all intention of escaping only to collapse as her body gave out from the very recent trauma it just endured.

Logan was on edge and he had to figure out a way to get out of there, and place as much distance between them as quickly as possible.  He heard his daughter scream bloody murder, and he nearly went berserk trying to get to her. So when a soldier came to check on him he took action, and threatened him into opening the cage.  He demanded to be taken to where his daughter was, but that was answered when the door opened once again and three men carried in his daughter and they looked like they were having trouble completing that task.  He immediately knew something was wrong, and he couldn’t help the warning growl that escaped him as they carelessly dropped her with a resounding thud in the middle of the floor, as if she was nothing but an oversized sack of potatoes.  He took his displeasure at how they treated her by stabbing the soldier in the gut, and as his bleeding body fell to the floor he rushed to the unconscious form of his daughter to check on her.  He was relieved to find her mostly unharmed, but he could tell they did something to her as she felt heavier than normal.   He couldn’t wake her to ask her what they did, so instead of forcing her awake he gently laid her down and paced the room trying to figure out how to get the two of them out of there in one piece.