Chapter 18: The Last Stand

(Taylor POV)

I sat up my head was pounding. Pepper was on the ground next to me unconscious. The thing that had been in her neck was no longer there.

Wait, I have control of my limbs! I checked my surroundings. I was on a roof 2stories up. There was a laptop, Pepper and a gun lying around me. It was dark for the most part, but in the distance was a small light.

Morning, wait The nuke.

I shook Pepper awake.

"Where is my suit!?" I exclaimed. She seemed just as disoriented as I was.

"It's in the clock tower. Tied to the Nuke." She still looked as if she was dreaming so I gave her the gun, and climbed down from the building. Is Tony here?! He has to be. I ran behind the buildings. To the clock tower.

(Tony POV)

We were walking as quietly as we could around the halls of the house. Well, as quiet as we could with Bigfoot and his friend elephant. They sound like horses clomping around the floor.

"Pipe down you meaty ogres!" I whisper/yelled.

"Excuse me, tiny human." Thor remarked.

"I swear you two sound like Elizabeth Taylor and Joan Rivers." Captain muttered.

"Yeah, you have a point Thor is getting kinda big." I said as I poked his stomach. He snatched my hand, and started squeezing it profusely. I held out my hand, and my suit started to assemble around me.

"Both of you knock it off!" This time Captain forgot the art of silence.

There was a thud at the door in front of us.

"Bye, bye. Bye, bye. Bye, bye. Bye, bye." The ring was on an endless loop.

We barged down the door to see the room was empty but the window was open. I looked down to see a short stubby man running towards the clock tower. My suit had finished forming around me by this time, so I jumped out the window and grabbed him by the back of shirt collar. I lifted him over the whole area.

"Where is the bomb?!"

"v bashne!" He yelled back.

" Great I don't speak Russian."

Before I could do anything else out of the tower burst a robot bigger then me, and it was holding Taylor.

(Taylor POV)

All I have to do is make it to the tower, defuse the bomb, and it will all be over. Just as I reached the top steps, a loud beep sounded and a never ending loop of,

"Bye, bye. Bye, bye. Bye, bye." I covered my ears in attempts to block out the noise.

My suit was roped to the bomb. Being ever so careful I used a old piece of glass to cut the rope.

"Taylor there seems to be an oncoming technology." E.V.E. Said as I entered the suit.

"E.V.E. De-Wire the bomb." Before she could get to work a large robot hand crashed through the clock. Grabbing me. It brought me up in the air higher then I have ever flown before.

"Call Tony Stark." I managed to squeeze.

"Calling Tony Stark." E.V.E. Answered. It only had to ring twice for him to pick up.

"What's going on!?" He sounded panicked.

" Well, this robot is squeezing me so hard my children can feel it, I would appreciate some help before my eyeballs pop out." I didn't even have to finish my sentence before he flew into the hair going for the robot's head. Thor and Captain had chipped in.