PROLOGUE

Ten years ago.

It was a sunny day in London and was just seven in the morning. The Adam household was sleeping in. The house was small and cozy filled with warmth. The family was not rich but had everything they could ever want.

From the windows, sunlight splashed inside the room where the three Adams were sleeping. It was adorable seeing the little girl squished in between her parents. The bed was a little small but they didn't seem to mind.

As the rays fell upon a sleeping Johanna, she stirred and opened her eyes. It was a heart-warming view. Her daughter, Kiara and her husband Robert were cuddling. Kiara was making the cutest snores and the sound melted Johanna's heart.

She stared at them thinking how lucky she is to get a family like this but failed to notice that Robert had opened his eyes and was also staring contently at her.

"It's rude to stare Jo." Robert said ignoring the fact that he was doing the same. Johanna gave a little smile
and said, "Good morning to you too honey."

As she tried to get up Robert pulled her down."Come lie with us." he said to which Jo answered, "No, Robbie I need to get up and you do too." She has always been a worrywart.
"Jo come on. I know Kiara has school but she is never late. Two minutes of you laying down with us won't make her late" Robert argued.

During all this, they didn't notice that Kiara had woken up and was looking up to both of them with her striking grey eyes that she had inherited from her father." Momma daddy don't fight"
she said groggily.

To that Robert cooed to his baby girl "Everything is alright. Nobody is fighting." Kiara got up untangled her limbs from her parents and as she headed to the bathroom she drawled out " Whatever you say, daddy."

For just a six-year old Kiara was very
responsible and as she liked to claim that she is a big girl. Her parents looked at her back as she disappeared into the bathroom and smiled at each other.

As Kiara got out of the bathroom her parents were not there. But she could make out there voices coming from the kitchen. So she made her way to the kitchen as fast as her little feet were capable of. When she reached there she saw her mother making pancakes and her father sitting on the couch.

When Johanna's eyes fell on the little girl her eyes widened in panic "Kiara why are you still in your pyjamas?" she exclaimed. " I uh wanted daddy to bathe me," she said sheepishly. Robert looked at his daughter and smiled "Of course baby girl". He stood up and picked Kiara up and carried her to the bathroom.

Johanna just shook her head and continued making the breakfast. After twenty minutes Robert along with his daughter emerged from the bedroom and sat on the chairs to eat their delicious breakfast.

As all three started to eat Kiara moaned at the delectable taste.
Johanna looked at the wall clock and frantically turned towards Kiara" Eat faster baby or you will be late." With her mouth still, full Kiara answered with a "yes mommy."

At 9 o'clock the Adams household was ready to leave. They owned a Toyota and all three of them got in and made their way to Kiara's school.

It was a short drive and as Kiara got out of the car, she ran towards her best friend Tristan Williams and hugged him with all her strength. As she did she yelled out " Goodbye mommy and daddy."And she received a " We love you " in return.