00

Luke

I was once again late for work- this wasn't my first time to be late, actually it's my 10th time to be exact.

My boss will flip at me for sure once he found out I was late again. I was now inside the cab and by the time I got to the restaurant I paid the cab and entered at the kitchen.

"Hemmings, late again." one of my co-worker said.

I shake my head at him, "I'm sorry." was all I said before leaving the kitchen to the restaurant and grab the orders from people.

"May I have one soup, two steaks and green peas." one of the customer said.

Yes, I am a waiter- now don't expect too much from me. I smiled and went to the counter to give the order as the chefs work with the food.

I kept getting the customer's orders until they gave me the food and deliver it to them. Then I spotted my boss- he was talking to the customers and I have no idea what are they talking about until he pointed at me.

Uh-oh, I am dead. I made my way to the male's comfort room and pretend that I was just washing my hand.

"Hemmings." my boss' voice rang over the comfort room, "What was the customer was telling me?" he asked with his arms crossed.

I shrugged, "I don't know- I'm not close enough to hear." I said.

"Once again, you're late I don't know for how many times already. And those customer's out there were complaining that you gave them the wrong food!" he practically yelled.

I sighed and left the comfort room and walked outside of the hotel, "Don't you just turn your back at me when I'm talking to you!" he spun me around by the time we got outside.

"Then what?! What are you going to do with me?" I snapped, throwing my hands in the air, "Call the police and tell them that I gave the customers wrong food? Is that it?"

He pointed a finger at me, "That's it, Hemmings. You're fired! You wanted this not me, so better get your ass off this place starting tomorrow because here is your goddamn salary!" he threw it at my chest and went back inside.

I picked the money up and counted it- great, Now that I don't have a job and don't have enough money- what am I going to do?

I need money to pay the rent, for my food and other expenses. I groaned and walked away from the restaurant.

I need a new job to have a new money, I can't just stand here and wait the heavens rain money- because that will never happen.

So instead of worrying so much for the day- I decided to stay back at my apartment and try to look for a job next day.

I can't handle too much stress, you know. First, I woke up late and forgot I still have job today because I wasn't on my shift. Second, I gave the wrong orders to the wrong customers. Third, I snapped at my boss and flip out at him. Last, I got fired and no money to pay everything.

Isn't that just stressful? It makes me want to jump on a 21st floor of a building but I won't do that.

So I jumped on my bed and grabbed my laptop to look for a job- I was debating if I should look for now or tomorrow.

I scrolled down and saw, Home boy, maid, chef, salesman and such many stuffs.

I can't be a home boy, because these is no particular reason why I can't be.

I can't be a maid, because people will just treat me unnicely.

I can't be a chef, because I don't know how to cook.

I can't be a salesman, because I don't know anything about it.

Whatever! I hope I could find a job tomorrow right away.

So chapters will be like that- short ones :) And I hope you like it this far ;)