Chapter 3: The Death & Re-Life Of Bill Cipher

Bill fell asleep that night, using his magic to enter the Mindscape of the Pines twins. Dipper's Mindscape was first, a merger of The Mystery Shack and his home in Piedmont. Pine trees grew everywhere and pieces of important parts of Dipper life were scattered about. An ax in a tree, Journal 3's in the bookshelves of the house, and Dipper. Who stood there waiting for him with his back to him. "Dipper?" Bill asked, Dipper turned, a weary smile on his face. "You made it!"

Bill nodded "You look really skinny" Dipper said, looking rather bad for him.

Bill nodded "Can't keep food down, Ford said it's not a good thing, he's got me on an IV line to give me some nutrition at least, but this bodies rejecting everything" 

"That's good I suppose, the IV I mean" 

"Yep, and he's got me on some pain stuff, they help a lot, make me feel weird sometimes," Bill said, making his way down the hall. Dipper nodded and followed him. They stopped at a hall-marked Nightmares, the loud noises and screams made Dipper shiver, his skin breaking out in goosebumps. "You ready?" Bill asked. Dipper nodded and Bill placed a skinny hand on to the entrance way, closing his eyes and focusing his powers. From his hand came white tendrils, which spread out, creeping into the hallway as they grew. He felt a soothing relief wash over him as the nightmares disappeared, and Dipper relaxed. "Where did the doors go?" he asked.

"They moved, I fixed them up, so now their good dreams, this hallway is clean and pure once more" 

"Oh, thank you!" Dipper said, smiling happily.

Bill smiled, blood staining his teeth. "Well I better go do Mabel's ones too, it was good seeing you Dipper, goodbye." 

Dipper woke up feeling lighter than he had been in a long time, he turned to look at his sister lying fast asleep in her own bed, her eyes glowed softly as Bill entered her mind.

Mabel woke up a few moments later, tears running down her face. Dipper gave her a sympathetic smile. "He looks really sick." she whispered.

"Yeah, I noticed" he replied.

"Night Dipper"

"Night Mabel" 

"It's almost time" Ford said, feeling Bill's neck, a weak pulse echoed from his fingertips, he sighed at the sleeping humanized demon. 

"What do you want me to do about it?" came Stan's grumpy voice as he sat on the window seat.

"Just stay with him till it's over, he's scared Stanley," Ford insisted. Stan sighed "Fine" he said, moving to the bed to sit next to his twin.

Ford took Bills hand "I'm right here Bill" 

Stan sighed, checking his crappy wrist watch. "I ain't got time for this. I got to open the shop, the twins are here too by the way" 

"Stay" Ford growled, 

"Okay, okay" Stan said. 

~

A few minutes later and Bill woke up. He grabbed for Ford whimpering weakly, his body shaking. "Please, please don't go!" he cried, coughing loudly, blood running out of his mouth and down his chin. Ford scooped him up, rocking him gently "Shhh, it's okay, I'm here" Ford said, Bill clung to him, tears streaming down his face. 

Bill's whimpers eventually turned to ragged breaths as he struggled to breathe. Ford was humming a tune, a lullaby just for him. "It's okay Bill, I'm here" she soothed, running his fingers through his hair.