51| Always and Forever a BDF

Jake had offered to come back to the hospital, as promised, when I was discharged, but I told him I'd meet him at the hotel. My family had room in the car for me, and it just didn't make sense for him to drive all the way here and back for no reason. Not that I didn't want to see him as much as possible, because I did, but I'd be with him soon enough.

Caralyn had packed me some clothes and brought them along, so I changed info a comfy pair of sweatpants and an ASU T-shirt for the time being.

Due to the obnoxious leg cast, I was now required to use crutches. I knew how to use them of course, but I never had to use crutches before. It also made me feel slightly annoyed that I had gone through the healing process, just to have to do it all over again.

At least it would heal right this time. My ankle never did feel 100%, and the last few days of walking I was in some serious pain. I tried to downplay it in front of the guys, but I never really fooled anyone.

Carter took my crutches and helped my clumsy ass get into the car while Caralyn slid into the middle seat. He closed my door before walking around to the other side. My brother has always been a gentleman.

The car ride to the hotel was only slightly awkward. My mom and dad carpooled to the hospital and the two of them were civil, but that didn't mean they were going to engage in an animated conversation either. Caralyn continued to ask me questions about the guys throughout the car ride, despite the deafening silence in the front seat. Some of her questions I was able to dodge or avoid all together, not wanting to disclose every detail with my parents in the car.

As much as I loved my family, I was thankful when we finally arrived at the hotel. Jake was already waiting outside for us when we pulled up to the beautiful building. He immediately walked up to the car, opening the car door for my mom. My heart warmed at his kind gesture for my family; I knew he would have no problem winning them over.

"Thank you Jake," my mother said with a nod and smile of approval.

"You're welcome ma'am," he replied before opening up my door and offering me a hand.

I gratefully held on as he assisted me out of the car, steadying me on my good foot. "You okay?" He asked as I wobbled.

I smiled up at him, "I'm fine; just no good at balance, which you already know."

Carter came around the back of the car, handing me back my crutches. I gave him a nod in thanks, and Jake kept a hand on my lower back as we all made our way into the hotel.

I knew the guys were all staying here and I was definitely more than excited to see them, but my heart wasn't prepared for what happened next.

The minute I entered the hotel, I was greeted by 6 familiar faces. All of the guys were gathered in the lobby waiting for me, and the second I entered the hotel they jumped up to greet me. Their voices all meshed together as they called out to me. I only made out a couple words in the clutter: "Cassie!" "There she is!" and "we missed you," were among them.

Nathan was the first to reach me. "Jake, take her crutches," he demanded.

"Why?" He asked, an eyebrow cocked as he grabbed them from me.

"This is why!" Nathan said as he scooped me up in his arms and twirled me around.

I giggled and let out an awkward squeal, wrapping my arms around his neck as he hugged me tight to his body. "Hi Nathan!"

"Cassie I missed you! We're so glad you're alright," he exclaimed as he placed me back on my feet, smooshing his face into my shoulder.

"Hey don't hog her," Cam chimed in from behind him.