ten

Sirius didn't know how to act around Mercy

Sirius didn't know how to act around Mercy. Now that he was certain - only about seventy percent - he fancied Mercy, he wasn't sure if he was allowed to act as flirtatious as he normally did or if that would put off Mercy. He didn't want to be a James 2.0 and have Mercy become Lily 2.0.

The Marauders walked into the Great Hall for breakfast, walking to the girls with the goal of sitting in front of the girls as they found themselves doing for every meal. Mercy perked up at the sight of Sirius, which he didn't catch.

Emmeline nudged Mercy's side. "I saw that."

"Saw what?" asked Mercy.

"Saw how you perked up at the sight of him. You're over the moon for him," said Emmeline.

Dorcas bit into a bread roll. "I was sure she just wanted to hop onto his dick."

Lily laughed. "You are so inappropriate."

"Do I fancy him?" asked Mercy. "I just think he's attractive. Oh - and very kind. He does stand up for me a lot. Oh - did you know I tripped over a branch in the courtyard the other day and he caught me? He said he was waiting for me to do something stupid because he knew me well."

Lily raised an eyebrow. "Mercy, honey..."

"What?" she innocently asked.

The Marauders sat in front of the girls. Mercy's attention shifted from Lily to Sirius.

"Good morning, Sirius."

"Morning, Mercy," he greeted.

Lily leaned indiscreetly, lips brushing against Mercy's earlobe. "You fancy Sirius."

Mercy's attention shifted back to Lily. "Huh?"

Sirius and James eyed the two girls. Lily was whispering more words to Mercy, causing her blush and fidget with the ends of her skirt. Sirius looked down at her thighs, watching her fingers play with her skirt. He had noticed that habit a long time ago and he found it adorable.

"Lily," Mercy whined, a hot-pink blush on her face.

Lily leaned back, smirking, proud of her work. "I only told you the truth."

"And what would that be?" asked James.

"Nothing you need to know, James," Lily smoothly replied.

"You all right?" asked Sirius. "You're playing with your skirt. You only do that when you're nervous."

All attention was now on Mercy and Sirius.

"Y-Yes, I'm all right," she murmured.

"So a Hogsmeade trip is coming up," Emmeline mentioned, winking at Lily.

"Have you lot got dates?" asked Lily.

James shook his heads. "The boys and I go together."

"Oh - that's a shame," said Emmeline. "Here I was hoping to go with Remus."

Remus looked up, a confused expression on his face. Emmeline kicked his knee, causing him to jolt.

"I was actually planning on going with you, James," said Lily.

"Huh? Wait - really?" he asked.

"Oh," whispered Remus before clearing his throat. "Yeah, and I believe Peter and Dorcas are going together."

"I am?" asked Dorcas.

Emmeline pinched Dorcas's thigh, causing her to drop her bread roll.

"I mean, I am," said Dorcas.

Sirius looked at Mercy. "That leaves us two, darling."