one

Mercy was a simple Hufflepuff, only wanting the best for everyone

Mercy was a simple Hufflepuff, only wanting the best for everyone. She lived up to her house's expectations and stereotypes, but most people didn't know how deadly badgers could be. She loved her house colors, yellow being her favorite color because of that.

"Are you going to keep staring at him or are you going to talk to him?"

No later when Tyra Patch had asked that, did Sirius Black turn around, noticing Mercy and winking at her. Mercy gulped and slowly turned around, finding it incredibly hard to look away from him.

"Shouldn't you be with Amos?" Mercy asked.

Tyra waved her hand. "That's in a little bit."

"I'm sure he wouldn't appreciate you watching me watch Sirius."

Tyra rolled her eyes, hands on her hips. "Honestly, Mercy, I don't know why you bother with the likes of Black. He's a player. He takes girls' virginities, then tosses them away."

"I'm still a virgin," she muttered. "Why hasn't he come for me?"

"Oh - Mercy, which part of your brain are you speaking with? The upper or lower half?"

Mercy blushed and fidgeted around, pulling her skirt down. "Stop that. You're embarrassing me."

"Well, good," Tyra spat out. "Now, I've that date with Amos, so don't go getting into any trouble now, you hear me?"

"I've no clue what you mean, Tyra. I'm a good girl. I'm a Hufflepuff, after all," replied Mercy.

Tyra narrowed her eyes at her friend before walking away while shaking her head. Mercy sighed and got up from the dining table and started walking out of the Great Hall, forcing herself to not look at the Marauders.

While she was hoping to get out of the hall without getting caught because of potentially looking at Sirius, she was instead stopped by the gang of Slytherins that Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs purposely attempted to ignore.

"Well, if it isn't Apón. How's your mother's doing? Oh - wait now..."

She stilled at the mention of her mother. "Shut it, Crouch. You know nothing."

He fake-gasped. "Now, now, that isn't Hufflepuff behavior. But I'm only curious about your parents. That must have come to a shock to your Muggle father, now, hasn't it? That your mother was a Veela who drugged him with Amortentia, then tried to murder him once she had given birth to you."

Mercy clenched her fists. "Get out of my way before I make you."

"And how is a wee badger supposed to do that?"

"Is there a problem here?" a voice asked from behind Mercy.