Prologue

Those experiences you had were lies. That's what it tells me when I face existence. 'Why do we exist?' was the question that used to haunt me every time I try to understand why people pave the road to their own demise, or at times, while looking at the starry night sky with unquenched curiosity. Is it to... or to.... In all ....? On my quest to find answers, I resorted to live as if I was an alien at my own home trying to be as if I had nothing to lose and visiting this planet as an observer. But now I find myself dealing with biases and shallowness, reality putting me down on my knees.

So, I let lose my mind again, freeing it from the reigns I had somehow put on it. Then harnessing it to see that after all these years it has let me to the gray horizon spread across the pitch-black sky of the moon, running through space in all its eeriness and sullen wonder.

Its year 2317. There are dozens of underground military bases stationed across the moon. This one has been dug at the edge of a crater; noticeable through a sealed entrance, which is not veiled by the surface, and two protruding blocks outside its circumference.

"That's your problem. Not ours," a male cyborg scoff. He grabs onto the coat of the human mage and flings him across the room. The mage tries to recover midair and conjure his powers. Thrash!! He is slammed hard on the ground by a human henchman, shattering the magic on the mage's hands and the floor underneath him. The henchman adjusts his spacesuit, attaching his rifle onto his back, before strapping the hands of the bloodied mage.

The cyborg lands near the mage breaking the ground where his feet met. He bends down and gives the pitiful mage a cruel smile. Sleek metal, ripping through across his powerful body, glistened from the remaining lights at the ravaged command-center. I call him Finnec.

"Please, if the ores are not delivered within hours, then people will die." The mage gulps as he stifles his pain, gasping for breath, whimpering on the floor.

Finnec pulls the barrel of a handgun, "thousands die every day. Won't make a difference. It didn't even when my city was burned alive." He strolls around him, staring at the wreaked consoles and speaks again, "I don't know what's so special about fighting so hard and dying for a cause like my friends here," and he looks at his henchmen in armored space suits and SMGs. "I don't wanna know either. But right now, I need those ores and I 'will' have them."

Boom! Doors are breached!

Finnec smirks.

Explosions booms with deafening noise! Flash bangs are thrown in. The go off! Blazing in, the soldiers of the Global Commonwealth of Earth clashed with the intruders, firing their blasters and magic in an all-out barrage. The intruders welcome them with much firepower. "Colonel!" A soldier cries out, rushing to the mage's rescue. He cuts through the incoming bullets with an ice claymore, then summons a terrifying familiar. "Polar Ursa!" A giant grey bear, armed with spiked manes and icicle claws, materializes with a flash tearing through the enemy ranks with rage.

Other soldiers follow his lead but the henchmen press their attack onto them. Waves of energy are shot from both sides, blasting away their targets. The soldiers parry the attacks with their magic. A female henchman scatters out some glowing seeds. They fuse with the floor and sprouts rapidly, releasing thick smoke and instantly grows into a giant violet tree! It erupts massive veins crashing through the soldiers and killing them as it tears through the moon station! It is only the moon's surface that is holding the vacuum now.

Finnec gets reported over the comm. He grins while holding the mage by his collar and looks at the soldier rushing at him, "we got the ore."

Enraged, the latter cuts down a foe and shoots his handgun at Finnec, who casually blocked the exploding bullets with his palm. Bang! He put a bullet onto the colonel's head with his.