Cramped

I woke up to the smell of bacon. I opened my eyes glad that there wasn't to much light coming in through the windows. I looked around to see that Kidra was no longer beside me and that a note was left in her place. It read,

Dear Aaliyah,

Good morning, I had to run a few errands and make a few trips. Sorry I didn't wake you but I couldn't because it seemed as if you were sleeping so peacefully and I didn't want to disturb you, I figured you needed to rest anyway. Maria (The maid) has cooked you breakfast. She will serve your every need until I return. See you in a bit.

Kidra

I put the note on the night stand to the right of me and sat there trying to figure out how was I supposed to get out of the bed in my condition. I picked up the note and flipped it over to find something else that was written. It read,

"And just in case you were wondering there's a blue button on the remote, press it and Maria will be there to assist you."

I looked at the remote and saw the button on the bottom right hand corner and pressed it, and sure enough there was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said

The door gently opener and standing before me was a short woman dressed in a maids attire. She looked at me blankly and for a moment I saw something flash across her face and then it was blank again.

"Hello." I greeted

"Morning Madam, How might I assist you today?" She replied

"I wanted to ask you if you would help me out of bed and down to the kitchen, I was told you made breakfast."

"Of course Madam." She said and rushed over to me. She lifted me up and I cried out in pain and was place in a wheelchair and rolled out the door and down the hallway. It was truly beautiful. The walls were all white and there were small things that lined the hallway like skinny tables with white and gold flowers in vases it was very nice. We son came to an elevator and in my mind I was like, "Damn how big is this house?" The doors opened and we got inside and there were several numbers on the pad. I was quite curious now. Maria pressed the number one and it began to move. The doors opened and I gaped at the place before me. It was huge. She had white leather furniture and fixings every where I swear it seemed like someone tried to create their version of Heaven and it was very nice. We made it to the kitchen and she took put a chair and placed my wheelchair in its place. She fixed me healthy plate and quickly walked away and stood at the other end of dining room. For some reason she gave off the impression that she was afraid so I called her over.

"Ms. Maria, Would you mind coming to join me? I feel awfully lonely and I would like some company."

She looked hesitant for a moment before replying, "Yes of course Madam."

She came and stood awkwardly in front of me and I motioned for her to sit. She sat down with a straight posture. To much for my liking.

"Ms. Maria, For some strange reason you are very hesitant towards me and your posture is so straight that it hits my back hurting. Please relax I won't hurt you if anything I would like to be your friend. I could use one in the state I'm in." I said gently.

She looked at me and I gave her a look of reassurance and she took a deep breath and let her shoulders fall down yo her side.

"Eat please, I beg of you." I told her.

She looked at me in horror before saying, "Oh Madam I could never do such a thing!"

"Maria!" I shouted, she flinched, "Don't be so ridiculous, there's no point of cooking a meal if you can't eat any, that defeats the purpose!"

"But-" she tried to get out but I stopped her.

"But nothing either you eat or I will starve myself to death." I challenged.

"Oh no I would lose my job!" She exclaimed.

"Well I guess you better start eating then." I said cooly.

She slowly took a plate and began to get her some food. Every time she was about to get something she'd look at me for my approval and I simply told her that she cooked it so she get what ever she wanted and how much she wanted. I seen a faint smile creep up on her face before it quickly disappeared.

"Maria may you smile for me please? Not a "I really don't want to do this smile" but a genuine smile."

And finally without hesitation she did it. She was really a beautiful girl and her perfectly white teeth set off her deep dimples and her olive complexion. One could say that she was truly beautiful.

"Maria, if you don't mind me asking, How old are you?"

"32." She simply said.

"Aw man for real? Girl you are beautiful!" I shrieked in shock.

She smiled her pretty smile and said thank you. We had. Great conversation and after breakfast she rolled me back to the room I was in once before and helped me back in the bed. I told her thanks for all that she had done for me and that I'd talk to her later. She told me good bye and that she'd see me later. I waved and then the door was closed shut. Still tired and sore I could feel mysef getting drowsy and before you could count to three I was fast asleep.

Kidra's POV_

I made it home at 6:50 p.m. which I was hoping to be there a little earlier but shit happens. I gotta call from Cleo talking bout she wanted to meet up so I agreed and we ended up at a café sitting across from each other. By the time we were through we were in the bathroom with the door locked doing things grown people do. When were done I kissed her and told her I'd hit her up soon and I got in my ride and left. I walked in the house and asked Maria where was Aaliyah she told me she was upstairs resting so I took that opportunity took make a few phone calls to make some moves. I dialed a few numbers before I got the one I wanted.

"Hello, I'm looking for a Miss. Jasmine..."