Chapter Three; Unexpected Feelings

"I love you not because of what you are, but because of what I am when I am with you.
I love you, not for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me.
I love you, for the part of me that you bring out."
- Love; Roy Croft

Harry let out an audible gasp, and his first instinct was to run far, far away and never come back. He couldn't let Dr. Tomlinson see him like this. His hair was messier than usual, his clothes were wrinkled, his cheeks were flushed, and he was sweating, and he was wearing that damn brown sweater. He looked absolutely atrocious. But Harry knew that running was immature, so he decided to take a deep breath and man up.

"Dr. T-Tomlinson! Um, what are you doing, uh, here?"

Dr. Tomlinson smiled, his lips curving upwards just right, and Harry swore that, for a second, time stopped moving. "Call me Louis."

For some reason, Harry couldn't hide the blush that started creeping up his neck, and he looked at the ground, suddenly self-conscious. "Okay, Louis," Harry whispered, and he mentally slapped himself.

Get a grip, Harry. People like him don't crush on people like you. Just move on and save yourself the heartbreak.

But even as he thought that, Harry knew that it was much more complicated than that. He was going to be seeing Dr. Tomlinson for God-knows-how-long, so getting over this small "crush" wasn't going to be easy. Harry wasn't even sure if it was possible to forget about the blue-eyed lad.

"So, what are you doing here, Harry?"

Harry snapped out of thoughts, getting embarrassed when he realized that he had zoned out. "Um, well, I'm obviously, y'know, getting some milk. I would've thought you'd be brighter than that, Dr.Tomlin--Louis, seeing as you're a therapist and all."

Harry couldn't help but joke with the older boy, a barely noticible smile present on his lips as he spoke, his former insecurities and embarrassement washing away with one look into those endless eyes. He hadn't felt peaceful in a while. And, for the first time, Harry realized how much he missed the feeling. He had almost forgotten about the content, fuzzy emotions he had when he was reading about a pirate, or a prince in disguise. He had lost it a while ago, when he had stopped reading books.

And he had found that feeling once again, but in someone he'd never expected to find it with. His therapist. Harry felt a surge of affection for Louis, but this time, it wasn't because of the smile, or the eyes, or the hair, or even the lips. It was because of the feelings that he awakened inside Harry. The feeling that Harry was experiencing was so good, so pure, and Harry found that he wanted to feel it more.

He was more than a little confused when he came to the conclusion, because no one had been able to evoke the feeling in him. Not his sister, not even his mum! So who was this therapist--someone he'd only known since Friday--to influence Harry's life, especially when the two didn't know each other that well? Why was it that this man he barely knew was making Harry experience things he had almost forgotten about? What was it about Louis that made Harry react like this?

Louis smirked, and Harry felt his heart clench because there was something in those damn eyes of Louis,' and Harry didn't know what it was, but he just couldn't get enough of it. "Getting cheeky, are we, Mr. Styles?"

Harry internally swooned because the way his last name rolled off Louis' lips made him want to jump his bones, and he had to curl his toes to control himself. He hated how a mere boy was making him all giddy like a school girl but he really couldn't help it, and the way Louis' muscles flexed when he lifted his arm to run it through his hair wasn't helping at all.