Chapter 7

Chapter 7 

Jack ran a hand down Amelia's hair, smoothing it away from her sleeping face. He watched his little sister struggle to take breath after breath with her broken ribs. Carefully, he continued bandaging and disinfecting the worst of her wounds. Then, Thorne lifted her into a sitting position and did his best to wrap her ribs until they could be properly dealt with. 

Holding her hand, Jack swept his eyes over her, worrying. Her face was too pale, her cuts were bleeding too much, she was bruised all over, and she looked too fragile, too breakable. That wasn't even adding to the fact that they were being followed by that man's guards. 

They'd caught onto his sister's scent, most likely, which came as no surprise considering how much the bastards cut her up. He clenched his hands. Her blood scent was like a beacon to them. 

The car swerved suddenly and Thorne clutched Amelia to him, scowling over to Connor's side. 

"Connor, what the hell are you doing?" Jack snarled. 

"Man, it ain't my fault! Those evil triplet henchmen have some serious wheels! I don't know if I can shake them." 

Both Jack and Thorne raised an eyebrow at him. 

Connor chuckled. "Okay, so maybe I can, but I don't want to hurt the princess." 

"There won't be anything left to hurt if you don't." Thorne cursed when the car swerved again. He clutched Amelia close to him and nodded to Connor, giving him the go ahead. 

Connor sighed. "Alright, you're the boss." 

Jack immediately got up and opened a trunk attached to the back of the driver's seat. He immediately set about taking guns out and holstering them to himself. He pulled a .9 mm Beretta from inside along with Winchester bullets lined with rowan. Throwing Thorne a .44 magnum and Connor a .39 colt, each catching them with ease, he jumped over to the passenger side. They were all pretty standard police guns, but they would work effectively for their enemies. 

The ones coming for Ameel would most likely be Trackers, human-like creatures with wolfish characteristics. They were a nasty bunch that could be hired by anyone. They used their advanced senses to track a person, then they would kill the person mercilessly. Hiring Trackers had been outlawed for years, but it didn't keep scum from hiring them.  

He wasn't the same kid he was when she was taken and he could sure as hell fight back this time. 

Sticking his head out the window, he noticed the black monster truck tailgating them, crashing bumper to bumper with the van making it swerve. The windows were tinted black and the car was adorned with flames and provocative pictures of women. Thorne wouldn't doubt the monsters engine could be heard from miles away. The truck itself looked ready to kill.  

Reassuring, wasn't it? 

Jack shook his head and shot five bullets at the tires, using one of the guns he grabbed with normal bullets. He wouldn't waste rowan bullets on the truck. 

It sent the car momentarily out of control and off the road. Taking the opportunity, he shot a round of bullets into the windshield. To say he was surprised that they only made a dent was a lie. 

"Bulletproof windows?" Thorne asked behind him. 

He grunted in response. After all, they were trackers. "Ameel?" 

"Strapped in. Create a distraction for me." 

Jack stepped back over to the trunk, taking out an explosive. Meanwhile, Thorne threw open the back doors of the van letting Jack hurl the explosive right at the windows of the truck. Smoke covered the window and he fired away, creating the distraction. 

Thorne took the opportunity, jumping smack-dab in the middle of the windshield.  

Jack watched in amusement as his friend slunk over to the passenger side, ripped open the door, and threw the Tracker out of the car. He elbowed the driver before he could make a move, threw him out as well. The controls were all his now. 

It was Jack's turn now. 

He threw himself out of the van just as Thorne had done. He grunted at the impact with the windshield. 

Taking a different route, he climbed over to the bed of the truck where three Trackers stood armed and ready for him. They stared him down. In a flutter of movement, they rushed him without giving him the chance to think. 

Dodging the first Tracker's attack and managing to unsheathe two knives, he went blade to blade with the second. The last leaped onto his back, jamming a knife into his shoulder blade. 

"Son of a -!" 

Grabbing the arm that plunged the knife into him, he threw the Tracker to other two, sending them crashing to base of the truck. 

He brought out his gun and shot the three of them in the head with the rowan bullets.  

No mercy. 

The trackers didn't move again. 

"All clear!" he yelled out to Thorne who rolled the window down and gave a thumbs up. The truck slowed down along with the van, when Connor signaled them to pull over. The boys left the truck and boarded the van after ransacking the contents to for any information. As usual, it held none. 

Connor turned around as they opened the doors. "Everything okay?" 

"Trackers are no more," Jack replied. "Get moving Amelia still needs to get treated." 

The car started. Thorne looked at Jack's wound and wordlessly started treating it. They both threw uneasy glances toward Ameel, who was strapped in at the front, when the car swerved or braked suddenly.  

"Jack, Thorne looks like we've got a problem," Connor spoke when they entered The Academy. 

They looked through the windows and all cursed. It was the Knights of the Academy. They stood aligned five in a row at the top of the parking lot stairs with the stoic faces that usually characterized them. The Academy loomed behind them, all five medieval stories of it, making an even greater impression. Whatever they were doing there, Jack had a feeling it wasn't for anything good. 

He got out when the van stopped and carefully grabbed Ameel from the front seat. Thorne and Connor were right behind them when they walked up the steps. 

"What is this?" 

The man directly in front of him spoke with an equally suspicious voice. He was feet taller than Jack and much more broad and intimidating with a voice that mirrored that.  

"Amelia Vitium is to be put under supervision by order of Luke Serrian. You will not be permitted to see her until the trial is over." 

"Trial? What trial? She's not the criminal!" 

"That is to be determined." The man nodded to the men at his side, who proceeded to take Ameel from him. He heard Thorne and Connor struggling behind him with other Knights. 

"The hell it is!" Jack didn't let go of Ameel, he turned to run with her, but before he could get even a foot away, he felt the hilt of a sword crack against his skull. 

He had one last image of falling with Ameel in his arms now awake and frightened as the Knights took her from him. Then he blacked out.

____________

Again, sorry for the really long time since i last updated!! Well, here it is! Tell me what you think?

vote, comment, fan!!