Chapter 4

I still have heaps of work to catch up on, but I felt so bad for not updating for so long that I decided to write another chapter for you guys. Sorry if it's awful and rushed, I went back and edited it so I hope it's alright :) xoxo

* * *

I awoke to the front door being loudly banged closed.

“I’m so sick of your shit, Ally!” I heard a familiar voice yell.

“But, mum . . .”

“I don’t want to hear it! You’re grounded, and for a very long time, missy.”

I groaned and turned around to look at the alarm clock on my bedside table which read late afternoon; it seems I’d fallen asleep.

I pulled myself up out of bed and stood there for a moment, unsure of what to do. One thing I knew for sure was that mum and Ally were having one of their catfights again and being around them during them was the most awkward thing ever, so I decided to turn to Jenna yet again and picked up my phone, pressing the dial button.

“Jenna?”

“Yes?” I heard a reluctant voice from the other side of the line.

“Look,” I sighed, feeling a wave of guilt, “I’m sorry I left you at Starbucks earlier on.”

“And it took you this long to come to your senses to apologize to me?”

“I’m sorry, I fell asleep.”

“You fell asleep.” I could almost picture her shaking her head.

“I really am sorry. I’m in a bad place at the moment and I can’t think straight.”

It seemed as if her caring side jumped into play. “What do you mean in a bad place?”

“Well my mum and sister haven’t been getting on at all lately and there’s something else too. . .”

“Something else?” she encouraged.

“I can’t say it through the phone, it’s too awkward.”

Her voice suddenly picked up, “Is it to do with Brad?”

I didn’t see the point in lying to her. “Maybe . . . but what I was wondering was if I could come to your house tonight to sleep? My house is a complete and utter shithole at the moment and I really need to tell you something.”

“Sure,” she said, sounding concerned, “come over whenever you’re ready.”

“Thanks,” I replied, hanging up.

Without telling mum I packed all the clothes and basic necessities I would need and crawled out my window. I couldn’t deal with the drama of going through the front door as mum would turn to me like she usually did during one of her fights and whine about how annoying my older sister is.

It wasn’t a long walk to Jenna’s house; we had lived 10 minutes away from each other pretty much our entire lives, which made it convenient for the both of us.

When I arrived at her large, polished front door I didn’t hesitate to ring the doorbell.

I had always been amazed at how big her house was. Like, it wasn’t a mansion or anything but it was still pretty massive and I envied her. She must have all these hiding places to go when things get rough.

The door opened but it wasn’t Ally who answered. Yup, of course he had to answer it.

“Hi,” Lucas greeted me, shaking his head of curls so that a piece fell sexily across one eye.