"We are not going to make it!"

Grandad was a wise old man; the age of 76. Maybe there was a storm coming. We all finished our breakfast and were ready to go to work. We loaded up equipment and got to work. It was sunny out; surely Grandad's prediction was wrong. Everything was normal. We moved up the cattle, and made sure they were in their place. We were in the prairies of Texas, nowhere near town. Grasshoppers hopped in the tall grass. Snakes soaked their skin in the warmness of the sun.

"I think Horace is right," Louis a cowhand said, "Somethings not right today". Louis was one of my best friends on the cattle drive.

"Nah," I said, "I don't think so, and it's bright and sunny out". We went on with our trip. As we stopped to eat lunch, something was odd. Just twenty minutes before stopping, it was sunny and bright. Now there were monstrous clouds, and thunder booming every few seconds. Then my Grandad let out the ugliest laugh.

"What I say? What I say?" He smacked his knee and laughed, "Who's the crazy old man now?" He kept laughing. The now brownish-purple sky started lightening like crazy.

"Well I'll be darned, Horace were done right", Scott the trail boss muttered. "Stop your lolly gagging and heard these cows together".

We ran towards the cows pulling them in together. It started to rain cats and dogs. Some men were herding cows, others were making shelter.

"We are not going to make it!" John screamed. Suddenly there was a loud bang!