[26] Just One Night Couldn't Be So Wrong

PLEASE CALM YOUR HORMONES BEFORE YOU PROCEED.

Are they calm? Okay.

Are you sure? Alright, go on.

Remember the 'special treat' I've mentioned a few days back? Well here it is! This, by far, is the chapter that challenged my writing the most. Why? BECAUSE, IT IS WRITTEN IN KEY'S POV!

Okay, okay, let's all calm down. SQUEEEEEEE! WOOOOH!

I'm not sure if the experience will be much of a treat for you as it was for me but, yeah. So, okay. Have fun!

xo, Coco 

TWENTY SIX [Key's Point-of-View]

A strange, slimy mixture of ice cream and drool spilled all over my shirt. Nice. Is it just me, or things tonight are slowly getting out of hand?

Barely escaping my grandfather who was trying to lecture me on how I should live my life was already problematic enough, now I have to deal with this little one, too. When I told her that I came home with my girlfriend, umiyak na lang siya ng umiyak. At sinukahan pa ako. She was choking on her own tears when she decided to spew out the stuff she just ingested on me. Dammit.

Paniguradong mararanasan ko nanaman 'yung PMS tendencies ni Ellie nito 'pag nagtagal pa ako dito. Hindi ko siya dapat iniwan kay Dad eh. I have no idea what my father is playing at now, but whatever it is, hell I don't like it.

"Sinungaling ka!" Princess, my six-year old niece, pounded on my vomit-contaminated chest. She's thrashing about, halos dumulas at malaglag na siya mula sa mga braso ko dahil sa pagwawala niya ngayon dito.

"Princess, where's you mom? Let's get you cleaned up." Inayos ko 'yung pagkaka-karga ko sa kanya, I shifted her to one side so I'd get my other arm free, nang maawat ko 'yung mga kamay niya sa kakabugbog sa'kin.

"Ayoko na sa'yo! Bitawan mo ako!" More tears rolled down her cheeks. She began throwing her feet on me once I managed to restrain her hands. "You said we'd raise Gandalf together! You promised!"

Images of the overweight, grumpy kitten flooded my head. I shivered. Curse that bloody ball of fur, hindi pa rin talaga mabura sa mga alaala ko 'yung gabing 'yun.

One night during a get-together in their home, Princess lured me out and forced me to watch her cat give birth. It's left me scarred for life. Grabe, ilang araw rin akong hindi nakatulog ng matiwasay pagkatapos.

I cannot seem to find the reason why, and it was never something that has brought me pride, but felines have always grossed me out, pretty much on a cellular level.

Namatay kaagad 'yung pusa pagkatapos niyang manganak, then of course, my Hitler of a niece coerced me to look after the newborn cat along with her. Ginusto ko man, hindi ko nagawang tumanggi, because somehow, a guy like me has harbored a tender spot in his heart for things that are lacking in the family department. We kind of establish a common ground.

"Oo naman, you and I will raise Gandalf together. Sweetheart, I'm keeping my promise." I flashed her a smile, hoping that sweet-talking would make her stop from lashing out on me.

"But you don't deserve to be Gandalf's Daddy!" Hiyaw niya, and I think those are remnants of her vomit that just spattered my face. "Nag-uwi ka pa ng ibang babae dito sa bahay natin!"

Bahay natin? Oh, Jesus. Napabitaw ako sa pagkakahawak sa mga kamay niya dahil kinagat niya ako. The kid freaking bit my hand, angrily.  She then wrapped her arms and legs around my body like an octopus, saka siya nagpa-slide, from my torso down to my feet.