(Avengers) Black Widow x (injured) Reader

Request by @nicetry19
Hope you like it!

Warnings: Language and a bit of violence.

You and Natasha have decided to spend tonight at a small bar down the road. You only planned to have a couple drinks and just to get out for a change, plus, you don't really get to hang out with Natasha like this a whole lot, due to her job with the Avengers. The two of you step into the bar, sit down, and order a few drinks. You turn to Natasha as you two make friendly conversation with each other, catching up on things you want to tell the other while you were away at your jobs.

"Have you told them about our relationship yet?" You ask.

"No, I want to keep this life separate from my job. I just-" Natasha starts.

"Want to feel a little more... normal." You finish for her

Natasha takes the last sip of her drink, finishing it off.

"Yeah." She breathes as she sets down her glass. "If you'll excuse me, I'm just going to pop into the restroom."

Natasha leaves briefly, leaving your o yourself as you finish off your own drink. While she's away, the boredom eats at you, and before you know it, you're listening in to someone's conversation right behind you.

"-that Black Widow?"

"Damn right it was. What's she doin' here?"

"I don't know, probably drinking to get wasted."

"Or maybe to kill someone here."

"Ya know, the Avengers are kinda dumb."

"Yeah. They just think they can do whatever they want. Especially Black Widow."

"Yeah, she's shit. She's so full of herself. She thinks she can do anything she wants. She thinks she's sooo perfect."

"Yeah, and she looks like she doesn't give a shit about who dies. A civilian? 'Oh well, they should have been more careful.'."

The two guys behind you start spitting insults and shit at the avengers, especially Natasha. You just ignore it, and it works until...

"I heard that sometimes she seduces guys to get information. Talk about a slut!"

"Alright," You start under your breath, "that's it!"

You stand up abruptly and angrily and approach the guys behind you. Your heart is beating ferociously in your chest, partly because you don't know what you're going to say, and partly because they just insulted they know nothing about.

"Don't talk shit about someone you don't know!" You snap.

One of the guys turn around, "woah, why you so pissed? Mind your business, bitch."

"Then mind your own, you don't know shit about the Avengers or Black Widow." You snap.

"And neither do you!" The other guy chuckles.

"I just ask that you don't talk shit you don't know about, alright? The Avengers are people with feelings. They're not heartless or cocky, and they try their best to stop threats from hurting any more people." You argue.

"How do you know, you one of their bitches?" The first guys shoots.

"Just, please keep your opinions to yourselves." You try to calm down and walk away.

You turn to leave when the second guy speaks up.

"I mean, girl, you realize a Black Widow spider seduces males, and then kills them? Sounds to me like she's a slut for information." The second one chuckles at you.

"Ya know, if you want to be a smart ass, you gotta be smart, otherwise you're just an ass." You say nonchalantly. "I would call you a whore, but I think we both know nobody's going to pay for that."

"Alright, I've had enough of you, missy." The first guy says, standing up.

The guy, a bit buff, and tall, stands right up to you as you turn around, his chest to yours. You don't move a muscle as you just glare daggers up at him. He's about a head and a half to two heads taller than you; you're just too furious to care at the moment.

"You wanna go?" He snarls.

"I don't know what makes you stupid, but it surely works." You say cockily. "And if you were twice as smart, you'd still be stupid."

"Why you-" he growls.

"You seem angry, I can refer you to a therapist if you'd like." You say, interrupting him.

"Fuckin sluts!" He refers to you and Natasha this time.

"You know, slut-shaming is a very serious disease. I'd go see a doctor if I were you." You retort.

Honestly, you have no idea where all this confidence and sassiness came from, but you enjoy it. He's had enough of your bullshit and throws the first punch, his fist connecting with your jaw, catching you off guard and sending you stumbling back. By now, the entire bar has stopped everything to watch the scene unfold.

"Dude, are you insane?" Someone from the other side of the bar calls.

The guy doesn't care about the attention, probably too drunk to care about anything else other than beating your ass. He steps forward to grab your shirt collar, pulling you up to him. Blood is starting to bead out of your bottom lip, refusing to drip down.

"If you thought that was going to do anything, you've failed miserably." You spit.

He just growls as he starts to punch you repeatedly in your face. You raise your hands to protect yourself. It takes him a while to get your nose to start to bleed, but he manages to do so. People from the bar rush forward to get you away from him and call the sips and possibly paramedics, in case something worse happens while they wait.

The guy breaks out of their grasps and charges you again, swinging his fist around like a big, dumb ape. The moment his fist connects to your face, Natasha steps into the bar area again. As soon as she sees him hurt you, she shoves her way through the crowds to get to you. The crowd finally restrain the guy and force him out of the bar. When the coast is clear, you give the bartender money for your and Nat's drinks before Nat inspects your wounds.

"Goddamnit, Y/N, I leave for five minutes and you manage to start a fight?" She scolds.

"I didn't start it, he threw the first punch! And the second, and the third, and the one after that!" You protest.

"And you did something to make him angry."

"Well, cuz he was talking shit about you and the Avengers; they called you a slut!"

"And what did you do?"

"I just said he should keep his opinions to himself. And he didn't, so I said he was stupid." You mumble the last part.

Nat just sighs. "Let's head home."

You both head back to your apartment in silence.

"Are you mad?" You mumble.

"I'm just worried. You got yourself hurt, and I was worried." She responds. "Just promise you won't do anything like that again."

"I won't."

There's a short pause.

"I love you."

"I love you too."