chapter four (re-write)

chapter four:  Everybody was Kung-Fu Fighting. Re-written 08.06.16

picture of the Shield's Kitchen!

"You know nothing Jon Snow!" Aranel giggled wildly failing a wooden spoon around.

"The North Remembers!" Ariel shouted dramatically wielding pot as a shield and a spatula in the other posing a sword.

"All men must die!" Stevie cried out standing on top of the peninsula while Aranel and Ariel got ready to charge at one another. Stevie was simply armed with a ladle which I assumed was a wand—even though Game of Thrones had no wands but I believed he was supposed to be the Red Woman--Melisandre.

Or Arya Stark, I wasn't entirely sure.

I watched with great amusement as I finished cooking the kid's dinner. Noel had stepped out with the butler—Yeah, they had a freakin' butler, how cool was that? Anyway, the butler was named Marvin. He seemed pretty chill. Any who, Marvin had interrupted a really intense game of Monopoly with this panicked look on his aged face when he whisked Noel away—who had gone stiff and gained an angry look in his usually playful eyes.

I assumed something bad had happened—what I didn't know but all I knew it wasn't in my place to ask. Noel had looked at me before he left with a clear message in his eyes: Take care of the kids. It was what I was doing until Yvette and Diggy decided they couldn't tolerate my presence and disappeared to the game room upstairs.

Then a thought struck me, "Wait, aren't you guys a little too young to be watching Game of Thrones?" I voiced with a slight frown and an arched eyebrow.

The kids halted their movements and looked up at me with confused expressions. Stevie looked thoughtful, "I guess we are but Sergio usually let's us watch whatever we want," He shrugged blinking his blue eyes, "But we have to be in the presence of an adult! So, Noel usually tells us not look when the dirty parts come on." The young twin explained with a grin.

Aranel glances up at me with pretty eyes and asks, "You said you had a younger brother right?" She questions curiously while Ariel pretended to fight off an imaginary wildling.

I nodded as Stevie began shouting, "Valar Morghulis!" While he pointed his wand at random objects.

I nodded, ignoring Stevie for a moment, and looked back at the skillet I was cooking in with a fond smile, "Yeah, he's eight years old." I answered her in a quiet voice.

Aranel smiled in a beautiful way, "You should bring him with you some time! We can always use an extra dead body when we play!" She chirps happily before getting into a dramatic fighting stance instantly gaining Ariel's attention. Ariel's doe eyes narrowed dangerously as she dramatically rips her sword from the imaginary wildling and pretends to wipe the sword of the imaginary blood on it with her shirt before mimicking Aranel.

I couldn't help but to laugh! I mean, they looked so adorable trying to look menacing with their kitchen utensils as weapons. I turned off the stove and grabbed my phone to snap a few pictures as Stevie began to do some tribal dance while chanting, "Valar Morghulis!" over and over again.

I set my phone down before grabbing the plates Stevie had kindly given me earlier. I glanced over my shoulder watching as Aranel gave out a shrill cry of attack, "Wildlings attack!"

"Brothers of the Wall attack!" Ariel shouted thrusting her weapon forward.

Aranel and Ariel lunged at each other dramatically before they collapsed onto the ground in a pile of moving limbs. They were both giggling wildly, weapons thrown to the side, and they were playfully tickling each other. I snorted with amusement as I got their dinner ready.