Carter

Carter may have been the love of my life, and the father of my unborn baby, but I needed Rihanna like most people needed breath. I didn't function correctly without her.

Our love was too raw for me to give up.

"I can't pick her Carter," I cried, feeling like I was betraying him by admitting the truth. "She is my best friend. My soul-mate."

Carter looked at me in severe disappointment. But shockingly, he only nodded his head.

"I always knew you would Bee. I always knew if there was a choice. A real choice. With no extraneous circumstances. Between me and her. You'd pick her."

"It's not like that Carter. Michelle is doing this. I don't want to pick anyone. But I cannot pick her to die. I just can't," I cried. "I'm so sorry baby. I love you."

"You love me," he said softly. "But you need her. It makes sense. Should have known."

"So you are picking Carter to die?" Michelle asked.

I cried, unable to bring myself to speak. "Please Michelle, don't make me do this."

"I'm disgusted at you Beyonce," she said. "How could you pick your hubby to die? The father of your child? How could you do that? For some damn pussy? You really are a stupid bitch."

I accepted her criticism of me, and balled webs of tears into my palms. How could I do this to him? What was wrong with me?

"I'm sick," Michelle said, as Carter looked at me emotionless. "That you would actually pick him. I don't think that's fair. But hey, you picked, so I will honor your wishes, Beyonce. Just not the way you thought. You see. There are many ways to kill a person. And right now. You just killed his spirit. Congrats. I'll just kill his legacy."

A blinding flash caught me by surprise, before I felt an incredibly harsh burn inside of my gut. I felt like I was on fire, concentrated in a single spot. I looked down, not even realizing I was shot until I felt the blood spurting out of my gut. Michelle had shot me in the stomach, where my baby was.

Rihanna screamed, but that scream paled in comparison to the scream of the gunshot that followed. I watched in horror, as Rihanna's head bounced backwards against her shoulders, and she fell lifelessly to the ground. There was a hole, the size of a quarter, in her head, and greyish goo was easing out, looking like ground beef.

I screamed at the sight of my best friends brain leaking out of her head, as Carter stood up to fight for our lives. She popped him in the groin, which caused him to yell in agony and fall on top of me.

Michelle held the gun in our direction, ready to shoot again, but there was noise at the door. She turned around, where Wallace was standing, and two shots later, Wallace was down on the ground, not moving.

She had cleared the room. She looked down at me a final time, before winking and walking away. I knew she was going to murder the rest of my family, leaving me and Carter to bleed to death.

"Michelle NO!," I screamed in tears. "PLEASE. STOP."

But she was long gone. It was just me and Carter left. Dying together. If we lived, we'd have to live with my decision to pick him. There was no way to overcome that. No way to love each other going forward.

Michelle had succeeded in taking everything away from me.