2 [] Waking Up After Nearly Bleeding Out

CHAPTER 2
2ND POV
4 - 7 - 1 9
[] [] []

"Uuuugh, what happened?" You croaked. Your optics opened painfully as they adjusted to the harsh light.

"Your stupidity happened, that's what." Scalpel's harsh voice came from your right. You saw her blurry figure taking a medical scan of you. "Did you seriously think you could skate your way here with a horde of gunmechs behind you and your so-called 'arch nemesis' charging at you like an angered Predacon!" You could only sigh at the old femme's ranting.

   Scalpel has been one of the Bots that had saved you. The medic had seen you encounter countless hardships and both of you comforted each other when anything happened. She became more protective as you ascended to leadership, growing to be the carrier figure you never really had. She was practically a grandparent to your daughters . . .

   "Magna! Solus!" You yelled in realization. Your optics widened as you suddenly bolted up from your laying position. The cooling pack on your forehelm flew onto the ground.

   "Your sparklings are fine, Y/N. They're in your tent. One of our best caretakers is with them," Scalpel explained, placing a firm servo on your chassis and shoving you back into the berth. You breathed a sigh of relief.

   "Thanks, Scap, you really take care o' things," you said with a soft smile. "Now: three questions-"

   "Are you good to go, can you see 'em, an' are they alright? Not yet, soon enough, and of course they are. I know how much you worry," The seasoned femme cut you off and read your processor like a datapad. "Besides, they're some of the few sparklings on the campus. Nobody here in millions of vorns would would allow 'em to 'ave much less than perfect. At this rate, they'll expect luxury we don't have." You knew that that last sentence was sarcastic, even though she sounded sarcastic nearly all the time.

You sighed. You were pretty sure you rolled your optics so far back they malfunctioned, but you wouldn't say that to her.

"How much longer, Scap? It's been so long," You pleaded. It'd only been a few days, but in creator time, you'd practically been gone for a millennia.

"Goodness, you young Bots are so impatient." You chuckled at that.

"I might not be as old as you, but I'm nowhere near young anymore," You laughed.

   "Just let me finish up these scans. You'll be back to rolling your way into trouble in no time," Scalpel said. After half an hour of scans, typings at the monitors, and staring at the ceiling for it to be all over, you heard your medic clear her throat.

   "Can I go?" You asked with a wide smile, shooting up into a sitting position. Scalpel sighed and rolled her optics. You could see a smile trying to make its way onto the old femme's faceplates.

   "Yeah, yeah, go ahead, but your not doing any missions until I clear you, got it?" She questioned in warning, threateningly pointing an actual scalpel at you. You held up your servos in innocence.

   "Of course, Scap! Since when have I gone against your orders?" You joked, swinging your legs off the medical berth.

   Scalpel scoffed, and sarcastically fired back, "Would you like the list alphabetically?"