(3) Prince Charming

"You!"

I'm irked by how calm he is just standing there smiling at me. I can't believe just some few hours ago, I thought he's over the top hot. Coz I swear he's not!

"Me!"

"How the hell did you know my address?" I snap.

I find that creepy. I find him creepy

"Your friend, Bruna, "he says in a low tone.

Uuugh! I'm going to kill that girl I swear.

" Listen, Kyle is it? "

He nods.

" I don't like you, "I say in a friendly calm tone. "matter of fact, I don't like footballers. All footballers. So me and you can't work. And I'm not interested in you."

I swear I've never sounded so rude in such a polite friendly way.

"point taken," I see the despair in his face. "but I had come to give back your purse...."

Kyle hands out the purse to me making me feel bad for being extremely rude to him. He didn't deserve me talking to him that way... He's been nothing but kind and nice since I met him.

I'm too embarrassed to say thankyou. I start taking keys from my bag and don't look at him as he leaves my compound.

"Rebecca..."

It's Becca. But I've been nothing but rude to him so I'll just let it pass.

"yes." I spin to look at him.

"Are you okay?" he asks with so much concern.

I bite my lip and nod at him. There's no way I'm opening up to a total stranger who was supposed to be my blind date about my problems.

"Are you sure?" he insists.

That insisting game surely gets on my nerves.

"I said I'm okay!" I lush out.

Kyle is taken aback when I shout at him, making me feel guilty for no reason. He shouldn't be the one I pour out my anger on. In fact, he should be the last person I pour out my anger on. He's been nothing but nice this entire night, and I've been nothing but mean and salty towards him.

I heave a sigh and look up from the ground, my gaze meeting with his.

Jeez! His brown eyes are so beautiful and sparkly. He's so damn hot. Wish he wasn't a footballer.

"Kyle," I say in a low soft tone. "you seem like a really good guy. And you deserve a good girl..."

Kyle beams and I've never seen a smile so beautiful.

"but I'm sorry to say that girl is not me..."

I open the door and I'm about to shut it when he calls out my name loudly.

"Rebecca!"

It's Becca!

I look at him and force a smile, holding onto the door when I step inside my house.

"yea."

"But we can be friends, right?"

I shake my head. "no." And shut the door.

I set my back against the door and sit at the door, sobbing silently just like in the movies. Kyle didn't deserve the way I treated him tonight. He deserves so much better. Someone better. Not me.

But who I'm I lying to?

It's Trent.

I'm crying because of Trent, nothing related to Kyle. I saw him tonight unexpectedly. After all those months, I had to see him just when everything in my life was going perfectly. Just when I had built myself up from the ground he came and crushed me and everything I had built. He crushed my world. He made the walls I had built for myself crumble. And just like that, I'm back to being a total mess. I'm back to being the sad ex who is sad to see her ex being happy without her. The words Trent said tonight still linger in my mind.