(2) Interview From Hell

"We go live in...

One.

Two.

Three."

I take a deep breathe.

I'm really doing this.

"Hallo guys!" I face the camera. "welcome to the sport central on BBC and thanks for joining me, Becca Sterling. Tonight, we are joined by Liverpool star, Trent Alexander Arnold."

I turn to look at him.

It's the first time I've seen him in a long time.

I'm not breathing. He still has this much power over me.

"Trent Alexander Arnold, it's nice to have you on the Sport Central tonight."

"Thanks for having me."

Man, his voice!

"The Liverpool team has had quite the... the... success this season on the premier league. What would you say is... the reason for... for... the success this... season?" I stutter. I'm nervous as fuck and my hands are clenched to stop the fidgeting of my fingers.

He smiles.

He's fucking smiling at me and it's so distracting. We are on air. He should make this easier for me. Him sitting on that seat smiling so angelically at me isn't making this any easier. It's bringing up the memories. The many memories.

"I would say the reason our team is so successful is because of commitment and consistency of the players. The team would be nothing without that. We work our asses off during training and we play for the name at the front of our jerseys not at the back. It's not about us as players. It's about the team... And that's what I think makes us a successful team that stands out. "

How is he so calm? Honestly, I'm barely breathing and here he is so confident and answering all the questions as if he's got some script or something. I want him to be nervous. As nervous as I am...

I should really get myself together. This is my job and I wouldn't want to lose it just because I screwed up some stupid interview with my ex. I love my job. I hate my ex.

"There's a speculation that you're getting transferred to Tottenham Spurs when the season ends, could you please confirm this on the sport central tonight?" I'm glad my voice is not breaking this time.

He looks at me in the eye and my heart skips a beat. I glance sideways.

" no, but I can confirm that one of my teammates will be transferred at the end of this season. "

I force a grin." would you mind telling us the name of this player?"

Trent displays a tight lipped smile. "I can't."

"Insist Becca!" My producer, Tim Stephens commands me. "insist for him to disclose the name!"

I force a smile as I look at Trent. "please tell us the name! Please!"

Trent shakes his head and is still adamant.

"Force him Becca! I know you can!" Tim insists.

I put on a cute puppy face and pout my lips. "please!"

Trent shrugs and lets out a sigh of defeat. "Fine! It's Jordan Henderson!"

"Good job Becca," Tim tells me on the other end.

"That's sad... We're going to miss him on the team. " First of all, I don't know who the hell Jordan Henderson is.

"yea," Trent shrugs.