Chapter Twenty Nine

Haliegh's POV

Today is the day of the ceremony. The ceremony basically signifies that Mason and I are ready to take over the pack duties completely. 

Most packs stray away from the traditional ceremony and just hand over the reigns at 18 years old.

The ceremony is more present in more powerful pack. It shows that our pack has more class and dignity.

It's a very formal party. Everyone dresses up and there's a speech, blood ties, Mason marks me, and the transfer of power. Then we celebrate. But with tomorrow being Thanksgiving, we choose to celebrate tomorrow.

I glance at my dress on the bed. I really wish we had planned this for the summer time when I hadn't looked like a whale. Now I'm three months from my due date and I'm huge. I slip into the shower, careful not to wash my hair. We all know curls hate clean hair.

Really I just want the warm water to relax my muscles.

I will be lucky to even make it to the beginning of February, with the twins, with everything going on.

Nova had invited us for a couple days to visit with her and Nolan up at some mountain retreat before the twins are born. I think that Mason and I are going to take them up on that. We really haven't taken a vacation since earlier this summer. It will just be harder to convince Mason that he needs to take vacation away from the pack.

After showering I slip into my bra and panties. I make sure to use my belly support belt. I curl my hair and pull on my dress.

Makeup and jewelry are the last finishing touches I put on.

Mason is already dressed in his black suit. He's on the phone pacing around the living room.

"Well all you have to do is plug in the red cord to the black ... Jeez just put Tyler on the phone." Mason mutters. Mason glances at me as I come down the stairs and throws me a smile.

"Ty, hey. Don't let Logan wire the sound system. The man is color blind as fuck. Thank you. We'll be there soon. Haliegh just came down the staircase. Yup. Bye."

"Hi handsome." I say to Mason as I adjust his bow tie.

"Wow you look beyond beautiful. That dress is wow."

"Leah made a few revisions to it for me."

"This is just wow."

I slip into my flats and grab my jacket from off the back of the couch.

"Are you ready?" I ask him. He looks stunning in his black suit, black bow tie and hair slicked back.

"Yes. Tyler said everyone is almost there.

Colten, Ashley, Nolan, and Nova have already taken off. So if it we don't go soon. We'll be late for our own ceremony." Mason says.

"Well Mr. Alpha we can't have that now can we?" I state to Mason.

"Dont's get cheeky with me missy!" Mason ushers me out the door.

Mason's POV

I don't know why I am so nervous about this ceremony. It's something that my family has always done for a very long time.

I guess this just make everything more official.

I glance over at Haliegh. She's watching out the window, her hands resting on her stomach.

Not that having twins doesn't make this super real.

I can't believe that we're having twins already. I was prepared for a baby in a couple years. Slowing taking on the duties and then doing this whole ceremony. Maybe get married before hand and be able to travel for awhile.