Chapter 6

The mist creatures went bunkers. They burst through the hotel rooms and all I could hear was shattering glass and screams. I grabbed my friends' arms and we ran through the mist. I couldn't believe this was happening. All I could think of was why this was happening to me. I should have never explored that third floor. I should have stayed in bed while my friends searched my house. I felt the pain of regret.

My family and friends ran behind me down the hall. Luckily the monsters didn't come at us. They were just focusing on other people who were vulnerable. We ran toward the elevator and I furiously pressed the button. We heard a deep growl from behind us and we all looked behind to see one of the mist creatures. I could finally see its features with its four arms, no eyes and sharp jagged teeth.

The elevator door opened and we ran inside just as the monster started running toward us. "Come on", my father yelled, slamming the down button furiously. The elevator door closed just as the monster got to it. As we went down I could here its groans from above us.

The door opened and the whole first floor was covered with mist. Screams rang out everywhere and police ran around the building with machine guns and pistols. I heard shots ring out everywhere. "There everywhere", I yelled over the noise. "We need to hide." I started running toward what I could see as the closest place, the kitchen.

"Follow me", I yelled. Before my family could ask where I was going I already entered the kitchen through swinging white doors. The room was filled with so much mist I could barley see anything. I could only make out the outline of the appliances like the stove and big counters.

I know where we would hide. In the cabinets. That was the safest place. My friends knew what I was doing as they went into the lower cabinets that were filled with pots and pans.

We pushed them out and cringed when they hit the ground with a slam. My family chose the other lower cabinets. It was a tight squeeze in the confined space but it was better than nothing. We waited and we could hear screams everywhere. I was sweating and shaking so badly.

"I thought there was only one", I said quietly in the dark.

"I thought there was one to but I was wrong", Rocco whispered. "We stay here until where sure there gone." I silently cried and I don't know how long we waited but it felt like hours. My knees felt so cramped and I had a huge urge to stretch them but I would rather be alive then a puddle of blood and guts.

I slowly fell asleep and so did my friends.

When I woke up my legs hurt so badly that I couldn't help it as I jumped out over my friends and out of the cabinet onto the floor.

My friends did the same as they realized their legs were sore as hell. My family was still in their cabinet so I went over and woke them up. "Ow", the twins groaned as they jumped out. My parents did the same. The first thing I noticed when I stood up was the mist was gone. There was no more screaming and when I looked out the nearest window that faced the parking lot it was bright out so that meant it was morning. What I also noticed was the smell of blood and dead bodies. I gagged.

"Is . . . everyone dead", I whispered.

"I don't know. We'll have to find out", Devin said. We walked out of the kitchen and into the main lobby. My heart stopped when I saw police and regular people. But . . . they weren't full humans. Arms were scattered around and pools of blood lay everywhere. Some heads were decapitated and limbs stuck out of the people. I had a feeling that everyone was dead in here. I couldn't believe it.

"Oh my god", my parents muttered together. The twins huddled together, whimpering.

"Lets get out of here", I said. We ran out into the outside. I don't know why but I had a really bad feeling about this. Everything seemed so quiet. Usually police would be everywhere by now with helicopters overhead. We got into my dad's car and he started the car. We drove out of the parking lot and onto the road. Where was everybody? Where was the police?

Just then Olivia's phone dinged loudly. It was an emergency broadcast. She looked down and the broadcast began. "Attention. This is not a drill. If anyone can hear this, you need to get to safety as soon as possible. There's a shelter in Manhattan on 20th Sell street. Please be careful and leave any pets and unnecessary things behind."

All our mouths dropped open. My mother went online and she gasped then looked up at us. "I . . . I think the . . . monster people killed everyone in New York. I don't know but I think that . . . I think, if I'm correct, that this world is turning post apocalyptic." Everyone of us gasped.

"Guys, calm down", my father said.

"Calm down!! Calm down! There are monsters killing everyone right now and your telling us to calm down", I yelled.

"You wanna cause attention to yourself. There could be a monster a few feet from us for all we know. When we go home where leaving to go to the shelter."

"Da-"

"No. Don't talk." He continued driving and I looked around and my heart skipped a beat. Cars were turned over and people were scattered in parking lots, covered in blood. "Ignore it", my mother said sternly. I silently cried as the fear washed over me. Why was this happening? I hoped so badly this was just a dream. I know I would wake up in my warm bed soon enough with the beautiful view. I hoped.

We pulled up to our house. "Everyone. Start packing. We leave immediately", my father yelled.

"Dad, we can't do this. Manhattan is hours away. How do we know where even gonna make it. We can't just go right now", I said, running up to him.

"Mason. If we don't do this then we die", he said sternly, looking into my eyes. "This is a real."

"Fine."

"Now go pack. Quick." My friends waited for me inside.

"You guys can use some of my stuff. They probably have stuff at the shelter anyways", I said. I started packing anything I could find. I saw the gun inside my backpack. I never remembered putting it there. "I did that when you dropped it. I didn't want you getting in trouble", Devin said, leaning against my bedroom wall.

"Oh, . . . thanks." I put the stuff in the car. I don't know why but I think my mom was right. This world might turn into a post apocalyptic world if we didn't do something about it. I hoped this shelter was worth it.

Hey guys. Thanks so much for reading my sixthchapter of Mystic Terrors. Please vote and comment.